Help! Hey whats that thing where you

• Thread starter barbefunkoramaque
  • Start date
B

barbefunkoramaque

I can't for the life of me remember how to make it... actually what its called.

So if you live here in Texas or have---

What's that recipe where you smoke a brisket (even if just up to the stall) then place it in a pan with stock and chilis and tomatoes and onions and other chit... then bake it (or continue to smoke it) to its falling apart then shred it with all the veggies there and serve it on top of soft tortillas?

I have an idea how to make it but any extra advice would be nice along with the damn name.

Wish I could help. Now I want to know too though. It sounds interesting.

Is it chile guiles (Spell check). The other thought is carnitas. We usually use pork for it but it can be made with beef as well. One of our favorite ways to eat left over brisket is chopped, add pico de gallo, and put it in tortillas. The only other name I can think of is guisado or guiso. That is some good stuff man. Would make popdaddy go blind!

Shocked the Oklahoma guy would say that but he is closer to Kansas. We used to make fun of those Okies but we need to pull them in so they don't associate as much with those Commie yankees that live in all the other states not bordered with Texas.

I think your right on Carnitas but I thought it was a longer name. I think BoB Brisket in FARRRRRR west Texas would know.

I think mistakenly it has been called Beef Barbecoa....

Don't know what it's called...

Other than added to my "must cook" list.

Carne Guisado not that... thats a stew made with round steak.

I have taken the liberty of promising 50 folks I would cook something I can't remember how to make, I can't spell, pronounce, recall when I ate it, or exactly whats in it. LOL

But I will know it when I make it.

The Seattle guy is more Texan than most ... I think he has got it.

Other serious ideas welcome though.

machaca is air dried beef, which is then sauteed with veggies and often served for breakfast. chilaquiles are of two varieties, the one I know is Texas style eggs with chorizo and tortillas scrambled up.

Barbefukoramaque

"Compadre" you are probably talking "CARNE DESHEBRADA" (shreded meat)

"machaca" is a missnomer the real name is "MACHACADO" , machacado is dried beef that is treated (ounce dried) by passing tru a gistmo that can be better described as a wringer or 2 rolling pins. Traditionaly is rehydrated, fried and mix with scrambled eggs. BTW is probably made out of Horse or ass, (donkey, burro) meat.

JV

Last edited:
Machaca is shredded beef, frequently from chuck but can come from brisket I guess; And the same from pork is sometimes called Chalupa. I sure can't think of the "official" name, but it sounds similar to a smoked pot roast I did a couple weeks ago without the tortillas... Sounds good anyway!

Gotta wait for our resident Hispanic expert.....You know the guy who would hit anything with a pulse.:biggrin:

Back