Venicon Back Strap on the BGE

TexasRedNeck

Reaction score
Been a long time lurker just absorbing the advice. Have had an offset for a few years now and recently picked up the Sam's Club special BGE. So far on the egg I have cooked butts, chicken, pizzas and now the venison. All have all come out great. I think I have this thing figured out now so I might have to throw up a few pictures every once in a while. My three girls who are all somewhat of picky eaters really enjoyed this meal and everything that has come off the egg for that matter. It was probably my expert cooking skills and not the egg responsible for the delicious meals so I wont give too much credit to the egg:biggrin: Wish I had cooked this for the wild game cook off a while back.
DSC05967a.JPG

Last edited:
Man, that looks great. Keep the pictures coming.

Your meat portion is alot smaller than mine,still looks great.
That was just my first plate. I had plenty for a second. That and the fact the deer you see in Canada are twice the size of the deer we have here.
DSC05964a.JPG

Last edited:
That was just my first plate. I had plenty for a second. That and the fact the deer you see in Canada are twice the size of the we have here.
DSC05964a.JPG
We have to be drawn for a moose license and a doe,and we can only get one buck a year.Yes we have some big deer up here

what ya season the backstrap with ?looks good. I too got a Sams Special Egg lol.. helluva price.

Grilled deer backstrap is hard ta beat. Them looks gooooood.:eusa_clap

All I can say is.... Damn. Damn fine looking grub! Keep it up!!!!

Winner Winner Chicken dinner!
Oh, this isn't the wild game throwdown:rolleyes:
Hard to beat the versatile egg.

Paul

what ya season the backstrap with ?looks good. I too got a Sams Special Egg lol.. helluva price.

Real simple - Olive oil, kosher salt, black pepper and Italian seasoning
Same thing I put on my steaks. I like to taste the meat so I wont use marinades if its a good cut to begin with.

I cant believe no one has called me out on my typo in the thread title. Oh well I guess it fits the dumb redneck stereotype.

Last edited:
It's not about the spelling bro., it's about the grub! :biggrin:

Real simple - Olive oil, kosher salt, black pepper and Italian seasoning
Same thing I put on my steaks. I like to taste the meat so I wont use marinades if its a good cut to begin with.

I cant beleive no one has called me out on my typo in the thread title. Oh well I guess it fits the dumb redneck stereotype.

I noticed the spelling, but forget all about it after looking at the pic's.:biggrin:

That looks great. Good job on that backstrap.

Back