Fatties and Ribs... Food of the Gods!

Desert Dweller

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
One of my boys got his braces off this week, so for a celebratory meal he requested Spare Ribs. I trimmed them to some resemblance of St. Louis style, seasoned them with Big Brother Smokes Simply Marvelous Sweet and Spicy Rub :eusa_clap:biggrin::eusa_clap. Smoked them at 250 with Pecan and Apple for 5.5 hours, they look black but that was mostly bark. They came out nice and tender and very flavorfull!

Not being one to waste a good fire I also made a couple of XL Fatties. Just stuffed with fresh white onion and Todd's Dirt. I put the large container of Seasoning in the pics to show the size of these fatties. Step by step photo's included...:rolleyes:

Enjoy the pics, have a great weekend and thanks for stopping in...

Attachments

• Fattie Ribs 006.jpg
    Fattie Ribs 006.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 148
  • Fattie Ribs 021.jpg
    Fattie Ribs 021.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 148
  • Fattie Ribs 024.jpg
    Fattie Ribs 024.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 148
  • Fattie Ribs 016.jpg
    Fattie Ribs 016.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 146
  • Fattie Ribs 009.jpg
    Fattie Ribs 009.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 147
  • Fattie Ribs 010.jpg
    Fattie Ribs 010.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 146
  • Fattie Ribs 012.jpg
    Fattie Ribs 012.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 148
  • Fattie Ribs 014.jpg
    Fattie Ribs 014.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 147
  • Fattie Ribs 020.jpg
    Fattie Ribs 020.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 147
  • Fattie Ribs 026.jpg
    Fattie Ribs 026.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 147
Man.... lookin' real nice! Your subject line is perfect. Ribs look fantastic, and the bacon-weaved fatties are no slouch. And the pats of butter on the taters just sets it right over the top.

Well done, and thanks for the pron.

Looks great as always DD :!:..... to bad about the slow :rolleyes:. thermapen.....:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Just looking at those fatties must have raised my cholesterol 10 points. I’ve got to make some if these!

Thanks
Ron

All I can say is you are bringing those boys up right if this is what they ask to eat for special occasions...

At first I thought the ribs looked like my last chicken. I had to eat it anyway, couldn't throw it out, any way looks tasty.
After reading your BIO info I had to add mine. 1 wife, I'll never do that again! 4 kids, 3 dogs, 1 rabbit, 1 hamster, got rid of the birds & fish, told the daughter no chinchilla, a cat that lives on the front porch, 3 UDS, 1 charbroil, 2 remote Walmart thermometers and I SOLD my 18' Basscat. Funny, I think I'll add to my bio.

Back