Tuna on the egg

Don Marco

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Howdy...

Yesterday a friend of mine and his girlfriend came over from hamburg for the evening.

Luckyly he owns a fish store and brought four pounds of fresh tuna loin
x1.gif

57_pp_001_Small_3.jpg

We cut two thick steaks and two blocks out of it.
The blocks were marinated for an hour with honey, chipotle, soy sauce, grated ginger, EVOO and a little lime juice and then covered with sesame seeds on all sides.
The Steaks just got some EVOO and went on the grill and were seasoned with kosher salt and frsh ground pepper on the plate.

We had eggplant burgers ( grilled eggplant with roasted pepper puree, roasted pancetta, mozzarella and basil), ciabatta with chipotle butter and s nice salad to that meal. The fish was out of this world delicious.
Sorry, no real pics of the plates, that stuff was too good to waste any more time for pictures...
smi5.gif

57_pp_002_Small_3.jpg

57_pp_003_Small_3.jpg

57_pp_008_Small_2.jpg

57_pp_007_Small_3.jpg

57_pp_012_Small_4.jpg

57_pp_013_Small_4.jpg

57_pp_009_Small_2.jpg

57_pp_011_Small_4.jpg

57_pp_014_Small_6.jpg

57_pp_016_Small_3.jpg

57_pp_017_Small_3.jpg

57_pp_019_Small_4.jpg

57_pp_018_Small_3.jpg

We finished this off with a nice "pulled tuna sandwich" with coleslaw and Dinosaur BBQ Sauce. You gotta try this, its a lot faster than real pulled pork
icon_mrgreen.gif

57_pp_021_Small_3.jpg

Cheers !

DM

that tuna looks great and cooked the way I like it. The eggplant burgers sound good, look good and are very unique - will have to try those

Awesome!!

I've done tuna a lot since we've got a fairly close supply, but have never coated the outside completely with sesame.

Looks great!

RMR

that is great stuff! nice to have access to that kind of tuna

I've done tuna a lot since we've got a fairly close supply, but have never coated the outside completely with sesame.

You have to try that. The seeds released their oils and flavour with the high heat on the egg and that made for a really nice crust.That enhanced the marinade but over all it was not overpowering.

DM

Pics look great and I sure the flavor was fantastic also.

as always don marco...incredible.

NOW IM STARVING THANKS. AGAIN.

Back