BBQ Brethren Throwdown - "Around the World"

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
This weeks category is...

[size=+2]"Around the World"[/size]
2737103121_5f9cf3db1d.jpg

Anonymous Photo

This week thirdeye has chosen food from around the world. You can cook anything from any regional/ethnic cuisine EXCEPT something from the continental United States. Aside from this, please abide by our regular rules.

Here is the simple and unchanging list of rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown which we follow every week!

1) The item must be either Grilled or Smoked.
2) Entries must be cooked during the current throwdown week ( 6/8 - 6/14 ).
3) All pics (any number) must be submitted by 9pm Central on 6/15.
4) Only one picture from one dish will be used for voting, so please specify which one you want used, otherwise I will choose and my decision will be final.
5) If you have any problems with any of the entries, believing them not to be qualified for any reason, please use the ***VOTE*** thread and exercise your power of voting against those entries. Any complaints posted in any Throwdown thread, or directed to me via any other means will be ignored.

The voting will begin by Tuesday 6/16 after I submit the "Vote" thread and voting will close on Sunday 6/21. All votes will be public.

Next weeks category will be decided by the winner of the Ham throwdown, Divemaster!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

I gotta go find some Zebra!

Polish Paradise!

Well, here is my first entry in a throwdown. I had a lot of ideas for “Around the World” today, but with a handle like Grillinski….it had to be kielbasa. So here you go brethren! Homemade fresh garlic kielbasa with braised red cabbage (kapusta) and grilled homemade perogies….Polish Paradise!

Attachments

• td 005.jpg
    td 005.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 440
  • td 011.jpg
    td 011.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 432
  • td 013.jpg
    td 013.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 436
  • td 018.jpg
    td 018.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 432
  • td 025.jpg
    td 025.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 436
Grillinski, you started this throwdown with a high standard dude. Looks awsome...good job!

Holy Farking Kielbasa!!! DAYUUUM! That looks FANTASTIC:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Never made the perogies or the cabbage myself, but I've eaten them at restaurants a few times. Please share some tips or recipes if you can. What a start to this thread.

VERY NICE!!

Perogies rock! Have yet to make them myself, but friends make them all the time...

Nice combo!

WOW!! I wish I were POLISH!
Nice sausage. Nice cabbage. Nice perogis.
NICE PLATE!!!!

Freakin' hungry now. Gotta eat lunch.

i had fresh kelbasa right out of the smoker & its magic..& yours looks great! well done..

My contribution... Kangaroo Steaks and Kangaroo Sausages ("Kanga Bangas")... click on images for larger version:

My contribution... Kangaroo Steaks and Kangaroo Sausages ("Kanga Bangas")... click on images for larger version:

Hmmmmmmmmmm......I always wondered what ROO tasted like. Similar to venison? Beef?

POINT OF ORDER.....is that a stovetop grill? Looks good for sure!

Thanks for the kind words dudes.
Brisket Bob, here is the basic kielbasa recipe I used to stuff the kielbasa. My family has eaten fresh garlic kielbasa at Easter for as long as I can remember. Usually it comes from one of the butchers at the West Side Market in Cleveland, but this year I decided to make it myself. It was great and I froze quite a bit extra. I don’t remember where I got the base recipe from, it’s not mine originally, although when I made mine I tested and tweaked quite a bit.

4 teaspoon coarse (kosher) salt
2 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 tablespoon sweet Hungarian paprika
1 teaspoon dried marjoram, crumbled
1 teaspoon dried savory, crumbled
6 cloves finely minced garlic
1/3 c ice water
3 lbs well marbled pork shoulder coarsely ground

I make the cabbage a lot simpler than a lot of people do. I slice it and put it in a covered pan with a cup of water and let it steam for 20 min. Then I add about ¾ a cup of cider vinegar, some butter and a little more than a tablespoon of sugar. Mix it up and let it simmer till the liquid is absorbed or evaporated. A lot of people use a lot more seasoning, but I think it can get heavy and overpowering quick….eastern European and German meals can be heavy to begin with, so I make my cabbage with the dish it will accompany in mind.

Wampus, that’s a gooood lookin’ piece of meat. Never had roo, but I know I would eat a whole lot of what's in that photo.

Wampus, that’s a gooood lookin’ piece of meat. Never had roo, but I know I would eat a whole lot of what's in that photo.

Although I agree......that ain't MINE!! Infernooo gets the credit on that one. Roo steaks are a might hard to come by in Indiana! I just QUOTED him.

Back