• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

The Englishman went down to Georgia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SKOTD

[FONT=&quot]Hello all,

I stumbled across your site because I am cheap and was looking for 55 gallon drum BBQ plans. I thought I wanted to make a offset by cutting the drum vertically, but after reading your site I much prefer the UDS design. one because I am cheap and two because I can do it without welding. I found a couple of places around here I can pick up a drum for about 10-15 bucks, so I have the hardest part taken care of. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] I moved up to GA from FL in December and had to leave my BBQ behind. Do not feel bad, it was all part of my master plan to buy or make what I really wanted. What I had was a $129 Home depot hand me down. It was great as a make shift offset, but was not very fuel efficient. It leaked smoke like crazy, but got the job done. It held a temp around 220-250 but had to be closely monitored (good excuse to sit outside and drink beer). I reckon I will still buy a Weber 22.5 In. Kettle Grill so I have something to easy the craving for fire and smoke, but will also make the UDS.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] As for my real job, I have worked in the Telecommunications sector for 10 years. I have worked for Telco’s and PBX manufactures in a technical support environment, but currently work for a Installer/vendor as a Client Service manager AKA Account Manager with a touch of sales. I am not to big on the sales bit, prefer to troubleshoot and program equipment, but was tempted by the possible commissions.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Well I have rambled long enough,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]SKOTD, the southern Limey [/FONT]

what I had is below.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...0053&productId=100037760&N=10000003+90401+449

moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
:-D:p:-D....Welcome SKOTD....:-D:p:-D

Nice story, glad to see another cheapo in here!

Welcome from the island.

Welcome aboard SCOTD!

Since you've lived in Georgia & Florida where people talk right maybe you could translate into Southernese what Dr. KY and CarbonToe are saying sometimes for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back