WSM Cart?

darthtrader

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Hey Brethren,

I'm looking for ideas on how to make my WSM more mobile. Anyone have any WSM cart pics to share for ideas?

DT

2962708091_f09539e40b.jpg

Mine was free. It was once the carriage for my FIL's old gas grill. It may only last another year or two as the wood was pretty beat up. I've been looking for a sacrificial gasser on CL with a metal carriage.....no luck.

I put mine into a Weber Platinum Grill, added two new bottom vents because the ash cleaning thingy usually gets full of ashes and airflow reduces after a couple of hours and mounted some handles and other goodies.

57_110807_010_Medium_5.jpg

57_110807_026_Medium_4.jpg

DM

This isn't really a cart, more like a mobile table/smoker stand for the WSM and my mini reverse flow smoker. I like the WSM but find it to be too low to the ground. Raising it 18" makes it a perfect height for me.

PICT0010-1.jpg

Here are the carts I have on my deck. The WSM cart is made from a rustbucket Performer Touch n' Go frame. I have a stainless steel shelf that was the charcoal bin cover that I reversed and made it a fold up and also have a sheet of stainless that fits over the top if I only want to use one WSM and make it a large workspace. I run mine dry, so the only time I need the door is for cranking the temps, and they rest against the frame without a door mod.

The Big Green Egg cart is made from industrial strength Intermetro shelves salvaged from a Chinese restaurant. I cut one wire shelf and use the halves for removable side tables. I scored enough shelves to make a matching WSM cart in the future.

100_3292.jpg

swamprb,

do you host alot of parties? Or enjoy the equipment? That's an awesome looking backyard setup, but IMHO (no offense I hope) a bit overkill? Please dont take this the wrong way, I figure there is a reason you have all that. I'm just new to this scene.

swamprb,

do you host alot of parties? Or enjoy the equipment? That's an awesome looking backyard setup, but IMHO (no offense I hope) a bit overkill? Please dont take this the wrong way, I figure there is a reason you have all that. I'm just new to this scene.

No offense taken! I admit when I first found this site I thought the idea of having multiple cookers a bit obscene myself. But I've found all of it on craigslist for free or next to nothing, clean them up keep the the nicest ones for myself, family and friends then flip the rest. Q'n is a hobby and cooking or restoring neglected grills or modding them has connected me with like minded (or out of our minds) Brethren.

You can never have too many
cookers!!

Testify!!

Can I get an Amen!!

Here is another Metro cart in action. Sugars BBQ out of Portland has 2 WSM's, a kettle and storage along with a Stumps GF. Lean and clean! Rolls in and out of her trailer a defines the cooking space, side shelf holds a camp stove and connects the two carts-sweet setup Lynnae!

IMG_0146_1.jpg

Was it Ashmont that put wheels on his? I think that was a great idea. The wheels were added directly to the "legs" of the WSM.

The Big Green Egg cart is made from industrial strength Intermetro shelves salvaged from a Chinese restaurant. I cut one wire shelf and use the halves for removable side tables.

Hey Brian,

I don't know if you have names for your eggs or not, but if you don't, I think you should call the one on the left Vivian.

-Bret

Thanks for all the great ideas guys. I'm not very talented with the DIY stuff, so I thought I might get a trash can cart like this, add a drip pan below and something on top to use as a tabletop. Feel free to critique. http://www.amazon.com/Precision-Pro..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0XMX5BY81PNWJ6HJ3Z5P

Damn, you just gave us a great idea. I wonder if the UDS and WSM would fit in there. I'd even recommend a nice wood floor and then a metal drip pan on top of the wood. The cross board or ply wood will add stability.

Damn, you just gave us a great idea. I wonder if the UDS and WSM would fit in there. I'd even recommend a nice wood floor and then a metal drip pan on top of the wood. The cross board or ply wood will add stability.

Now that I think about it, I could probably use this cart to make a small caja for suckling pigs. Sweet.

This isn't really a cart, more like a mobile table/smoker stand for the WSM and my mini reverse flow smoker. I like the WSM but find it to be too low to the ground. Raising it 18" makes it a perfect height for me.

PICT0010-1.jpg

Your mini smoker trailer on your table caught my attention. What is it and where did you get it?

Party Cart

Attachments

• SMOKER 1 smaller.jpg
    SMOKER 1 smaller.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 63
  • smoker lights.jpg
    smoker lights.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 65
  • SMOKER 2 smaller.jpg
    SMOKER 2 smaller.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 62
  • SMOKER 3 smaller.jpg