More Pron in '09

S

SmokeInDaEye

For 2009, I have decided to post more pron. With three kids, work, contests and general maintenance, my pron addiction has fallen off significantly in the last year. So to start things off, here's some monster rib eye steaks I have been dry aging for the past two weeks especially for New Years Eve... Note, that third picture is one of the two steaks, weighing in at 1 pound, 11 ounces. That's for the wifey! Also making home made creamed spinach and something I'm calling Greek potatoes.

CIMG0636.jpg

CIMG0637.jpg

CIMG0645.jpg

CIMG0641.jpg

LOL!!! I saw that first pic and thought, "That's kind of an odd looking pork butt, but nice marbling."

Nice looking steaks, it has just enough funk on the outside to get trimmed.

Nice looking steaks, it has just enough funk on the outside to get trimmed.

Yeah, the funk all came off real nice. I'm now the number 1 fan of home dry aging.

Got the Weber kettle going with some olive wood to cook these bad boys, snow and cold be damned!

Can't wait for the final show. I'll bet those will be good. Guess I need to search Dry Aging.

Steaks are done and I must say they are the best I've ever cooked. Finished them with some sage butter. Worst part about the cold is that my beer kept freezing!

CIMG0652.jpg

CIMG0654.jpg

CIMG0662.jpg

CIMG0666.jpg

CIMG0665.jpg

SIDE - you've made some really excellent stuff since I've known you but these steaks look outrageous !!!!

Super job !!!

Excellent! I'm gonna run out and get some steaks tomorrow!

That's a big, beautiful steak. Do you mind sharing how the dry aging was done? John

That's how to do ribeyes. I hate those skinny little ribeyes... Not enough meat to cook it right!

Awesome looking Ribeye. I thought they were butts too at first before I read, and thought "he didn't cover those well" :biggrin:

Happy New Year

Clint, those steaks are great looking!!!

Although I was planning on Ribs today, my familly wants me to change to steak.

Back