Good morning Brothers. I have a couple of questions:

TexasGuppie

Full Fledged Farker
  1. I want to buy a green Thermapen for my boss (his wifey bought him an XL BGE for Xmas.) Any brothers out there selling these?
  2. Whole pork loin: how long on the pit and at what temp and best internal temp? I did one last week stuffed with pepperjack cheese, sun dried tomatoes and fresh bruschetta that was good but just a tad bit dry. I'm certain that I overcooked it a little.
I appreciate the help!

-Gup

Get the BGE instant thermo,I have used one and can tell you they are only a few seconds off the thermopen.

How long did you cook the last loin? Do a search or find the pork loin sticky. Good luck and post your pictures.

Fyi

Get the BGE instant thermo,I have used one and can tell you they are only a few seconds off the thermopen.

How long did you cook the last loin? Do a search or find the pork loin sticky. Good luck and post your pictures.

BGE discontinued their knock-off Thermopen. I'm told it involved a little "litigation."

I'm waiting on the new thermometer that the guru guys are working on,, not sure when it will be made available,, but suppose to be pretty impressive. I heard they are calling it the quik stix.

i tend to like my pork loins a tad on the rosy pink side. I wouldnt go much past 140/145 then cover and let rest.

Besides the whole BGE and maybe "litigation", the reason they stopped making it is, everyone already knows that theblue thermapens are the fastest and most accurate anyway.
31nXJkKBrcL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Whole Pork Loin.... cook at a temp anywhere from 275* to 325* til you reach a internal temp of 145*F. Tent with foil and allow it to rest for a 20 minute or so period. Slice and Whah-Lah!:wink:
PorkLoin002w.jpg

A green Thremapen is really the only way to go ... which is why I'm getting one for Christmas.

Trust me here bro...there is NO substitute for the real deal! A "Green" Thermapen is the ultimate in accuracy. Any BBQ that is checked with the Green Thermapen will be perfect! :twisted:

002-3.jpg

68?!?! What's that, just come out of the fridge?

Trust me here bro...there is NO substitute for the real deal! A "Green" Thermapen is the ultimate in accuracy. Any BBQ that is checked with the Green Thermapen will be perfect! :twisted:

002-3.jpg

Back