WSM Transportation Ideas...

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Swamprb and I were kickin' around a few ideas over coffee yesterday of how to transport WSM's to and from comps. We've seen special boxes, trash cans, and just strapped in to pick ups and trailers. I like the idea of being able to use them as storage for "stuff" as well as being able to load and unload easily. Any thoughts, ideas, designs, or pics would be helpful. I'm hoping to do something in the off season to make life easier this Spring. Thanks! :p

Hey JD,
I used my mini-van for a comp in Aug. I loaded all 4 WSMs in the van. If you put the grates and water pan in the charcaol bowl, you can fill the whole middle section with "stuff", even a bag of lump.
Also, I didn't need to strap them down then.

Hey JD,
I used my mini-van for a comp in Aug. I loaded all 4 WSMs in the van. If you put the grates and water pan in the charcaol bowl, you can fill the whole middle section with "stuff", even a bag of lump.
Also, I didn't need to strap them down then.

I did the same thing as far as loading the WSM's full of stuff...but I do not have a mini-van...I have a Honda Ridgeline and have to load them in the back. I notice that the legs get a little tweaked and if I cinch down a little too much on the tie downs it can cause an out of roundness that I have to tweak back in. Plus it's a pain in the back (literally) making several trips from the truck to the site.

I'm sure I'll come up with something...even if it's just attaching handles and latches to the segments (Pro-Q Mod).

Swamp's wife has a mini-van but for some reason he won't drive it! :twisted:

Back