Contest Results RESULTS - Bates County BBQ Cookoff & Fall Festival Butler, MO - 9/12 & 13, 2008

KC_Bobby

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Anyone? Bueller ... Ferris?

Vern called me and told me he got 5th overall. Not just too shabby for a 1st time competitor. 8th in chicken and 6th in brisket. Their worst place was 12 in ribs, so I'll let you figure out where they ended up in pork.:rolleyes:

Great job VERN! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

If anyone has the other results, please list.

Ribs 4U--GC
Buffalo--RGC
Great Grills--3rd
Hogs Munchin'--4th
Twin Oaks--5th
Moo Cow--6th
KC Can Crew--7th
QSS Smokin'--8th
Smokin' Roys--9th
Smokers Wild--10th

*from another forum...

Wow! Great job, Eric and Greg! That's an unbelievably tough top ten there! Congrats to Vern, Mark and Becky and Jeff as well!

Anyone? Bueller ... Ferris?

Vern called me and told me he got 5th overall. Not just too shabby for a 1st time competitor. 8th in chicken and 6th in brisket. Their worst place was 12 in ribs, so I'll let you figure out where they ended up in pork.:rolleyes:

Great job VERN! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

If anyone has the other results, please list.

Thanks, especially to all that helped us out.
This was Shane and I's first attempt together. Shane competed at the Belton back and may. I'm still trying to dry my stuff out. Man that was alot of rain.

Did it rain there???? :shock: I guess I didn't notice...lmao!

Steph

Congrats to everyone that got called but a special congrats to Vern and Shane...and to Eric and Gregg. Not only did Ribs 4 U win in that tough field but they beat everyone else by 30 points. I guess that is what 3 firsts and a 10th will get you.

Wow guys! That is awesome!!! Glad to see the successes keep on rolling. Eric and Greg - you guys rock!!!

Way to go Vern!!

Congrats to everyone that got called but a special congrats to Vern and Shane...and to Eric and Gregg. Not only did Ribs 4 U win in that tough field but they beat everyone else by 30 points. I guess that is what 3 firsts and a 10th will get you.

Beat? Beat? That's a beat DOWN! That's a spanking on yer bare arse. 30 points? Glad they saved that one for Butler and took mercy on Andy and I at Burlington. Much respect, guys. Much respect.

Vern's been laying low for about two years being everyone dish-bitch and steeling their secrets. :lol: Now he's ready to strike!!! Ain't no messin' round here, boys!

Thanks everyone. It was a special day for us for sure.

Congrats to all our friends called to the stage!

Vern's been laying low for about two years being everyone dish-bitch and steeling their secrets. :lol: Now he's ready to strike!!! Ain't no messin' round here, boys!
I didn't steal anyones secrets, I asked nicely.:-D

Ribs 4U ROCKS!

Way to go Greg and Eric. You guys have been so close this year I knew you were going to win one soon. And a 30 point spead, WOW. That beats the 18 spread we had in Bellevue. Congrats again and we'll se you Friday in Hot Springs.

Congrats to all who got calls. This was on tough crowd, you earned it.

We picked up Vern off the waiver wire a few weeks back for the weekend of October 3-5 - some small comp in KC that weekend. We did some investigating and in addtition to some insiders knowledge that we got from the BBQ Resistance Underground, we pretty much expected him to get off to a great start.

We picked up Vern off the waiver wire a few weeks back for the weekend of October 3-5 - some small comp in KC that weekend. We did some investigating and in addtition to some insiders knowledge that we got from the BBQ Resistance Underground, we pretty much expected him to get off to a great start.

Hopefully, he won't have an unfortunate ACCIDENT, and be placed on the Injured Reserve list. :twisted:

Back