' nother newb

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shrike

Hey all ! Great site here - although I cant use the search function at all - says I am not authorised - beybe that is cause I am too much of a new guy?

Anyway, trying to get as much info on the bandera as possible - I am a research freak! Really like the design, and understand the issues the unit has. I have toyed with the WSM or ProQ 20, but I am such a tweaker, I would prolly like fiddling with the Bandera and burning sticks.

Had an old offset made from pipeline pipe years ago, but that was so heavy I left it at my folks ranch when it was sold - that and it wouldn't fit into my mustang!

Anyway, got the itch for some long cooks, and well, the Bandera is affordable, and seems to have a strong following from a small group.

Anyway, that is my story - here in Rockwall, Tx,

Now if I could just figure out how to get search to work.........

PJ

Welcome brother. After you have posted for a while the search will work... I think!! Someone will clear it up I am sure.

Hey PJ! Good to have you here.
Don't brush off the WSM too quickly. Great cooker for the $$. Playing with the fire can be fun (I like to do it with my offsets) but there is something to be said for "set it and forget it" cookers like the WSM or UDS.
Welcome to the best clubhouse on the web!

Thanks Gang - really do like the pro q excel20 with a stack though.... See - cant make up my dang mind if my life depended on it!!!!!

Welcome Shrik. You have joined the best forum for BBQ, enjoy.

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

and thanks bull for the pointer! I have never seen a forum that you had to pay to search. Register yes, but not to search. Wish I had a nickle for every time a newbie was told to search before asking over on our GTO forum.

BTW - sorry for that dumb question, but you might note that on the memberships, it just says that you have to pay to get boolian (and, or, etc) in your search.

Now then, how to discover if this forum has what I am looking for without being able to search for it. Would be good to know before buying a membership.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back