Gray's Papaya NYC

Sledneck

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Since the beginning of the year my new job has me working in an office out in suburban Long Island. I spent the previous 16+ years working in NYC 6 even 7 days a week. I really miss all of the action and the movement of the city. Most of all I miss the food. This morning I had to go in to a meeting in the city. Got finished around 10:30 and was out looking for breakfast. Right around the corner from my meeting the bright neons lights caught my attention of one of favorite old haunts Gray's Papaya. At $1.25 you cant get a better bargain in NYC. Unlike the dirty water dogs you get off the street typically in NYC these are grilled. They do not offer dozens of toppings as I have seen lately on the Hot Dog Paradise show on the travel channel. Nope not at this joint. Only 4 topping available here which are ketchup, mustard, sauerkraut, & onions. Having no consideration for my health and special diet I had 4 of them.

Last edited:
Did you have a papaya smoothie??

I love that place!! Is it the one near Penn?

Did you have a papaya smoothie??

I love that place!! Is it the one near Penn?
No smoothie I love the orange drink.
It is within walking distance of Penn. that is the one i stopped at this morning. It is on the corner of 37th and eighth.

Looks great, heard about the place.

"Only 4 topping available here which are ketchup, mustard, sauerkraut, & onions. Having no consideration for my health and special diet I had 4 of them."

Also heard the crash from falling off the diet wagon all the way out here in Melville:wink:

Back