- Sanctioning Policy Guaranteed Dates
- Use of and membership e-mails
Research & Development: Linda Mullane - No Report
Technology: Don Harwell - No Report
Finance Committee: Wayne Lohman
MBN: No report
Audit Estimate: No Report

Old/New Business
Troy Black: separating entries into two or more lines at the turn-in table.
Carol Whitebook: Security Issues
Conflict of Interest Policy No disclosures received
Letter from Lake Quivira Smokers

Other
Any other matter that may come before the Board

Also available on KCBS Website now.

http://www.kcbs.us/news.php?id=59

I read this but could not find where it is being held. After reading some of the post I think I would like to attend one.

The notice I received said the meeting would be held at the KCBS office, located at 11514 Hickman Mills Drive, Kansas City, Mo.

Merl

Just to let you know, I did send in my report for Research and Development but it was after this posting.

Notes from the Board meeting

Quick Notes from the Board Room - May

May 20, 2008

Quick Notes from the Board Room - May

Contest Past: The Board is very concerned about the issues of quiet hours and security. We recognize this as everyone’s obligation. Responsibility rest on the participants to follow the rules and be responsible for their members and their guests, the Organizers and the Reps. Beginning June 1, 2008 the cooking teams at the time of arrival to a shall be provided with emergency contact telephone numbers for the Organizer, the Contest Reps and Security, for use only in case of an emergency.

As part of the review of past contest, the Board will issue letters to three contests requiring advance proof of adequate security for next years contest as a part of sanctioning for 2009. The Board further issued letter to two teams who will received one year probation as a result of fights occurring between their guest. The Team (head cook) is not only responsible for their team, but their guests as well.

Rep Committee: An opinion was requested as to an issue where a Rep had DQ’ed an entry but upon notifying the team, determined the entry was legal and DQ was in error. The Board stated that in this event the Rep should do everything possible to correct the error and have the entry judged.

New Ideas: The Board passed a policy concerning guaranteed dates for existing contests for next season. The policy provides that all dates used this season, are presumed to be renewed until Dec 1, of the current year. Should a contest not renew sanctioning, by Dec. 1, then a new contest could be sanctioned on that date. This does not prevent a renewal after December 1, but the guaranteed date will have expired and the renewal will be considered in light of any other contest on the date requested.

*. These are not the official minutes of the meeting. They are simply provided as an effort to give members a quick summary of the April board meeting.

Back