MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:30 AM   #1
boberosabbq
Full Fledged Farker

Default I get to cook on an egg!

Its not mine but my mother in law's fiance' got a medium this week after asking me what smoker / grill would be best. I'm just pissed he got one before me. I'll have one of my own in short order.

Anyhow he hasn't cooked on it yet and wants me to show him how to cook a real good steak. I cooked him a 1 1/2 in thick T-bone last weekend and he said it was the best steak he ever had. Got 4 1 1/2 thick ribeyes to wow him with on his own grill. I'll post some pics after the weekend.

Old 04-16-2008, 03:29 PM   #2
Divemaster
somebody shut me the fark up.

Toss a butt on it and show him the fine art of smoking meat while smoking cigars!!!!
Race Fast, Cook Slow, and Enjoy Life!
If it don't come off a smoker, it's just a side dish!

Lang 60 Patio (The Mistress), Black Stainless Lang 36 (Little Princess), Large BGE (Ramona), Big Green UDS (Cottage Cooker), Brinkman SnP Pro (Little Bubba-Retired), 8 Burner Gasser, 3 - 22.5" & 1 - 18" (circa 1975) Weber Grills, & a Weber Smoky Joe.
Divemaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-16-2008, 04:08 PM   #3
Cre-B-Ce
is One Chatty Farker

I had 4 huge ribeyes last weekend. The four barely fit on my large. Depending on size you may be cooking 2 shifts. If it's a new egg, you may not want to get it up too hot for the first cook. I seared the steaks at 650, then shut it down and let them roast. 650 may damage the gasket on the first cook so I'm told. Mine had about 12 hours of low 'n slow cooking before I went near nukuler (George Bush Mod) for the steaks.