Building a concession trailer

Bossmanbbq

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Anyone here built there own concession trailer? How much did it cost and did you find plans to build it or make your own plans? I have a 16 ft trailer that my brother in law and I are thinking of tackling this project if it isnt to difficult to do on our own.
Any help, suggestions or advice would be appreciated!

We built our own. We built it to look like a log cabin (ish) with a covered porch in the front (where the smokers are). We built this thing super strong, but that makes it super heavy. If I were to do it again I would start out with an enclosed trailer, and mod it. Or have one custom built like Plowboy did.

I built mine for less than 10K, because we did all of the design and labor ourselves.

My trailer pulls great, but isn't aerodynamic at all. I have a 1 ton GMC that gets 15mpg unloaded and about 4 pulling the trailer.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=7u5j18kv.bvvdh0sf&x=0&y=6lm6mx&localeid=en_US

I am interested in doing the same kind of project but more for tailgating at football games with an idea to one day do comps. I was thinking of starting with an enclosed and building out some fold down counters, a sink, storage, perhaps a fold down cot, etc.

Anyone here built there own concession trailer? How much did it cost and did you find plans to build it or make your own plans? I have a 16 ft trailer that my brother in law and I are thinking of tackling this project if it isnt to difficult to do on our own.
Any help, suggestions or advice would be appreciated!

If you do this, purchase an enclosed trailer with 110vac and FRP white board already installed on the walls and ceiling. I will post some pictures later of ours. Our trailer is a 2007 14' x 8.5' Haulmark enclosed trailer with dual torsion axles and electric brakes. The tailgate is good for 2000 lbs and we have 30 amp service for the trailer. We have installed ourselves: 8' SS prep table, commercial sink with (3) 15" x 18" basins, 8 gallon hot water heater, 40 gallon water tank with demand pump, 40 gallon gray water tank, fridge, and 2 sections of SS shelves. This cost us about $8,000 total.

Our trailer is a 2007 14' x 8.5' Haulmark enclosed trailer with dual torsion axles and electric brakes. The tailgate is good for 2000 lbs and we have 30 amp service for the trailer.

What do one of these run? Did you have to install the 30 amp service or does that come with this trailer?

I am interested in doing the same kind of project but more for tailgating at football games with an idea to one day do comps. I was thinking of starting with an enclosed and building out some fold down counters, a sink, storage, perhaps a fold down cot, etc.

I am thinking about doing this too..... mainly for tailgating, but a man can dream right! I would love to tek "the man" to shove it and just cook food all day and make enough money to buy a few nice things and pay the mortgage. Comps and things like that would be cool too!

Are there any other threads talking about this more? I need to do it "on the cheap" (don't we all)

The electrical package for our 6x12 enclosed trailer was $250. That included a 30 amp service, 2-4 ft. fluorescent lights, 2 duplex outlets and a wall switch.

We built our own. We built it to look like a log cabin (ish) with a covered porch in the front (where the smokers are). We built this thing super strong, but that makes it super heavy. If I were to do it again I would start out with an enclosed trailer, and mod it. Or have one custom built like Plowboy did.

I built mine for less than 10K, because we did all of the design and labor ourselves.

My trailer pulls great, but isn't aerodynamic at all. I have a 1 ton GMC that gets 15mpg unloaded and about 4 pulling the trailer.

[URL="http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=7u5j18kv.bvvdh0sf&x=0&y=6lm6mx&localeid=en_US"]http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=7u5j18kv.bvvdh0sf&x=0&y=6lm6mx&localeid=en_US[/URL]
Sweet!:mrgreen:

My electric in my trailer was free, well cost me a smoked whole chicken my neighbor owns a electric company. gotta love bargaining still works.

im doin it too

I am planning on building a log cabin style trailer also but i am wondering what you guys are doin for the water tanks. Do they go under the trailer or does the tank lay on the bed making a step up from smokeing deck to cabin space? Thanks for any help clearing this up for me.

I've got just about everything to outfit my enclosed trailer. I don't have a window and it seems to be my biggest hurdle. Mine is to be used for small catering and i want to get it certified. Small 3 basin sink, hank sink, water heater, water pump, water tanks, flooring, frp for walls and a small commercial fridge were bought. Thes cost me around $1000.

Back