"Odd" brisket recipe, anybody ever do this?

jdub

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Its on the Hasty Bake website.
Marinate brisket, put brisket in a pan with some marinade and cook till done. THEN slice brisket and put it back in the pan and juices and go another hour.

Anyone ever do this?

I really don't, the recipe just struck me as odd.
Hasty bake is Tulsa-right in the heart of old school beef country
Hang on, I'll go grab the recipe and bring it here (hold music-Girl from Ipanema):
OK look.

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]1 10 to 12 pound brisket
¾ cup soy sauce
¾ cup Worcestershire sauce
½ cup burgundy
¼ cup wine vinegar
¼ cup olive oil
3 Tablespoons lemon juice (fresh is best)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon Hasty-Bake Gourmet Greek seasoning or equivalent
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular] Mix all ingredients together for marinade. Pour over meat and marinate 24 hours in a glass or other nonreactive container or zip lock bag, turning several times. Remove meat from container and save marinade. Over direct heat in your Hasty-Bake, sear the brisket on all sides. Lower the fire box and put the heat deflector in place over the coals to continue cooking with indirect heat. Place the brisket in a Hasty-Bake baster pan or aluminum foil basting pan. Pour reserved marinade over the brisket and cook until the internal temperature reaches 180°F (approximately 1 hour per pound at 200°F). (Optional: At this point, you may remove the brisket from the grill and slice into 1/8" to ¼" slices. Put the meat back into the pan with marinade.) Cover the pan and cook for 2 more hours. Drain marinade from meat and serve.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

I'm kind of tempted! Does this ring a bell to anyone?

Back