Pulled Pork Experiment Pron

jacob

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
After I pulled the Butt yesterday I put it in the fridge to keep. I couldn't really taste it's flavor when I pulled it.

Today when I got home i decided I wanted to try something a little different with it. So I brought 4 cups of water to a boil then I added 4 beef bullion cubes. After that dissolved i added 2 cans of Campbell's beef gravy but it wasn't thick enough. So I found a packet of Old fashion peppered gravy In the cabinet. Mixed it with 1 cup cold water and added it to the mix. Then I added the pulled pork and let it simmer slow for a while. I cooked some rice and steamed some veggies and made some garlic bread in the meantime.

First plate I ate up without taking a picture but it was so good I made up another plate so I could share it with you all. This stuff was awesome.

Even in the gravy the smoke flavor came through and was great.

beef038.jpg

Looks like Good Stuff to me!!...I like Gravy!!!!

I smoked the Butt using all Pecan. I don't know if it's from not smoking cigs so much or what but the smoke flavor was very distinctive and really good.

Good gravy, that's good gravy. Looks good to me!

Gravy make everything taste better!!! Looks good

The only thing better would've been some homemade biscuits under that pork and gravy!

Looks really good:biggrin:

this is revolutionary! a whole new way to approach bbq! it's always fun when someone comes up with something new. two of my favorites were Phil's boneless rib sandwich and those fried chili nuggets on a stick. is there a scratch recipe that can be used instead of the packets that would produce the same results? thanks!

Back