Vending Opportunity

ModelMaker

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I have been contacted by organizers of the 2nd annual " Iowa Irish Fest" being hosted here in Waterloo IA August 1-3 2008. This three day event is sponsered by the Cedar Valley Irish Cultural Association and is the only Irish celebration held in the state. It is being held in and around the downtown area and the celebration area will be blocked off to pedestrian traffic only. Last years innaugural event was hit hard by rain and they still pulled in 10,000 guests and are looking to draw 18,000 this year.
Vending spaces are $300 for 10x10, $375 for 10x20, and $450 for 10x30.
All sales are cash and vendor keeps 100% of all sales. Electricity is provided and ice is available.
Now this being a Irish themed event does not mean you have to sell "Irish food", standard BBQ fair is acceptable but personally I see a HUGE chance to really shine with "Corned beef, swiss, on Rye" or some "Pastrami, chips and a pickle"
If you think this is something you might be interested in the web site is,
WWW.IOWAIRISHFEST.COM and contact information is on their vendor application or you can contact :
Chad Shipman at 319-464-7355 or pellawindows@msn.com.
I know they would like to have vendors locked in by July 1st.

ModelMaker
While this is not fully BBQ related I didn't think it belonged in the Comp area either.

How about Guinness smoked/flavored BBQ? Try coming up with some crazy sauce with Guinness in it and post a huge sign for it.

Since Jameson's Public House is sponsor, I see a tie in somehow using Jameson's Irish Whiskey in a sauce or bread pudding item. Some things to consider:

Twice baked (Or BBQ'd) potatoes
Irish Fries or Nachos
Scotch or Armadillo Eggs
Open faced corned beef sand - Wax paper, slice of rye, corned beef, topped with mustard
Bangers on a stick
Jameson's Bread pudding
Irish Wings - Jameson's BBQ sauce
BBQ Irish Stew - Classic recipe with tri tip or chuck roast

Don't forget some sort of green drink - Irish lemonade, etc

Back