Smoked Meatloaf & Spare Ribs

pat

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Had to redeem myself to the drum today after the tofu fiasco :shock:. Smoked some meatloaf and a couple of recks of spares. Nothing like smoked meatloaf. Gonna make a great sandwich around midnight tonight :wink:

005-3.jpg

007-5.jpg

020-2.jpg

022-2.jpg

023.jpg

026-3.jpg

030.jpg

Hey, Pat -

How did the meat loaf turn out, dry or greasy? When I did one in a loaf pan it was kinda greasy & not much smoke flavor. A friend of mine told me about a loaf basket made by Brinkman (I think). I borrow his, but you can get one at Hawgeye's.

It was pretty moist. I ended up draining the grease for the first hour and then taking them out of the pans for the remainder of the cook. Had a slight smoky flavor but not overpowering. With past meatloaf cooks, it is always smokier the next day!

Great looking eats Pat !!

Kingfisher Kooker
Big Drum Smoker

That's some fantastic looking grub!

Love the meatloaf.

Looks mighty tasty.:-D I put parchment paper on the grate and then set the meat on that to smoke.:-D

Hmmm....meatloaf, I think I might give that a whirl today while I cook my reck of spares. What's this talk of Tofu??

I use parchment paper too. I tried one recipe that was really moist raw, and didn't know how it would work, but in the end it turned our fine. Brian

wow that looks real good I havnt cooked meatloaf in a long time

I think smoking meatloaf takes it to the next level

It all looks good. When I do my meat loaf I just treat it as a large fattie and put it on the grill. No problems so far. Nice foodies:icon_bigsmil

Back