BBB question?

pne123

Knows what a fatty is.
Okay. Tomorrow is BBB day. THe hi mountain instructions say to put in the smoker w/o smoke at 145 for 45minutes then add smoke and go up to 200. Is this critical? I am also planning on doing PP, pastrami, blue cheese burgers and spam (for the people I have hooked at work) DOing as instructed after letting it sit at room temp for an hour will put everything else 2hrs behind. I could get up earlier but do not want to if I do not need to. Thanks

I smoked mine at 225 degrees until internal temp reached 145 degrees, then coolered for a couple of hours. Chilled and sliced. Came out amazing.

How I Did Mine

i did miner yesterday and just tossed em with everything else. i was cookin around 230-240* no ill effects. i took mine to 165* internal so we could eat it off the pit :)

Okay. Tomorrow is BBB day. THe hi mountain instructions say to put in the smoker w/o smoke at 145 for 45minutes then add smoke and go up to 200. Is this critical? I am also planning on doing PP, pastrami, blue cheese burgers and spam (for the people I have hooked at work) DOing as instructed after letting it sit at room temp for an hour will put everything else 2hrs behind. I could get up earlier but do not want to if I do not need to. Thanks

Their instructions are written for a Cookshack style of smoker and the time w/o smoke is to dry the product just like you would do for smoking sausage in the same kind of smoker. Charcoal or wood smokers come up to heat during the time that the smoke settles down (an hour or so).

In my Egg or BDS, I start the BBB off at 180* and ramp it to 200 after a couple of hours (when doing a butt). Some of the other changes I use from their instructions are listed here.

http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2002/10/buckboard-bacon.html

well it worked ok. might be to salty for us. we have a daughter w/ some medical issues and salt is very regulated so anything w/ more than our normal tastes REALLY salty to us. i have not sliced it all up yet so i was only getting the skinny end but it did have really good flavor. I think i should have soaked it all night.

Back