GAB and Wife ???

paydabill

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Ok, all help is appreciated!

GAB - I am able to do the invitational this year, and thoguht it would be a great thing to do. However, we leave for Disney the Monday afterwards.

Last night Brian and I worked out our competition schedule and I told my wife my events. She says (I am thinking already this is a trap), you could do the invitational and then come back Saturday to pack for Disney.

I am tempted! What do you all think - is this a trap?

BTW
We are going to do;
Hazelwood (judging only) 03/28
Jefferson City 04/11
Columbia Shriners 05/09
Sedalia 06/13
Glascow 07/18
Chillicothe 08/22 (maybe Excelsior Springs if they have the joint payout)
The Royal

others on the list but we have scheduling problems
Washington - however same weekend of the Cardinal/Royal baseball game my wife go to every year and make a weekend of it.

Boone County Fair - Brian's duaghter bday - so if I get somone else who wants to join up that would be cool

Herman - Weekend before the Royal - 2 in a row is hard

Bass Pro - same weekend as MIZZOU home game.

Pack before you leave dot every i cross every t and make sure you are ready to go before you got to GAB. Cant complain at that point. Ok well shes a wife she will complain.:icon_shy

And when will you do meat prep for the Open? I also am doing both and I don't see a window in my timing for going home and packing. But you'll wrap up Sunday afternoon and have all Sunday night to pack for Disney assuming that the clothes are washed. Now if she wants help packing for the kids that's another story.

I guess I don't get the trap part.

Bill, I was still going to try to go as a spectator even if we didn't cook. It's only february so I don't want to get on your wifes bad side already. I'll try to help all I can.

Last edited:
The trap is - I do the invitational - come home and hear nothing but complaining that she had ot do everythign to get us to our trip. Then she is in a bad mood for the trip - next thing you know it is my fault that Goofy did not come and hug my son, or her food was cold at a resteraunt.

I guess another question is can you do just the ivintational at the GAB - I know I did that for the Royal. Unless, Brian wants to stick around and do the invitatioal on your own.

I think you better slip Goofy a $20 to guarantee a hug.:biggrin::biggrin:

took awhile to finish. I pulled last night and put in frig. Today I put some apple juice, a dab of pineapple juice and a touch of Sweet Baby Rays on it and put it in the oven to reheat. I sampled of course and I was very pleased.

Do it. The kicker would be to swing by the store on your way home and get her a bouquet of flowers, just a nice "thank you" you'd hand her as you're walking in the door, for her being thoughtful enough to urge you to go and cook. It would be totally out of the blue and also let's her know that you were thinking about her AND it would take her by surprise to where you might not get any 'feedback'. ; )

While I haven't done a comp. I did have a wife... If your worried, there's a reason...

I'll go one better. Coordinate a house cleaning service to come over to the house before you leave and take care of cleaning, that way the house is neat upon your return. Takes a lot of work off her and you can do you comp guilt free. Scott

Do it. The kicker would be to swing by the store on your way home and get her a bouquet of flowers, just a nice "thank you" you'd hand her as you're walking in the door, for her being thoughtful enough to urge you to go and cook. It would be totally out of the blue and also let's her know that you were thinking about her AND it would take her by surprise to where you might not get any 'feedback'. ; )

I am putting you on my friends list for another other hints.

I'll go one better. Coordinate a house cleaning service to come over to the house before you leave and take care of cleaning, that way the house is neat upon your return. Takes a lot of work off her and you can do you comp guilt free. Scott

Wow - never thought of that!

Well I talked to her last night - and we are going to do the GAB invitational - Darren you in? Does anyone knwo if we can do the invitational only?

I am thinking of doing both the flowers and the house cleaning - thanks for the sugestions!

If I can get my wife to cut up some oranges, I'm in.:roll:

Back