THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Don Marco

is Blowin Smoke!
Howdy folks...

Heres todays Dinner :

A full (well, half "full") Back of a suckling pig.
I seasoned the roast with extra virgine olive oil, herbs de provence, garlic, kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.
Then cut the skin crosswise to get a crispy crust and prevent the roast from curling up.

57_pork_001_Medium_1.jpg

57_pork_002_Medium_1.jpg

57_pork_023_Medium_1.jpg

Then i put it on the WSM, added some Hickory and set the BBQ-Guru to 200 F. After 1 hour i basted the roast with a mix of EVO, fresh lemon juice and kosher salt.
Another hour later is basted again and added a foil pan with mushrooms and broccoli, both seasoned with EVO, kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.

57_pork_025_Medium_1.jpg

57_pork_026_Medium_1.jpg

57_pork_028_Medium_1.jpg

57_pork_024_Medium_1.jpg

Then i set the Guru to 375 F. The WSM reached the set temperature about 10 minutes later and held it steady, regardless of the cold wind and rain.

A little more than 30 Minutes later i opened the lid and had tears of joy in my eyes.
I really didnt expect it to come out THAT good. :shock:

57_pork_029_Medium_1.jpg

57_pork_030_Medium_1.jpg

57_pork_032_Medium_1.jpg

57_pork_033_Medium_1.jpg

57_pork_037_Medium_1.jpg

57_pork_038_Medium_1.jpg

57_pork_039_Medium_1.jpg

57_pork_041_Medium_1.jpg

57_pork_043_Medium_1.jpg

Time to cut it up :

57_pork_046_Medium_1.jpg

57_pork_047_Medium_1.jpg

57_pork_048_Medium_1.jpg

57_pork_049_Medium_1.jpg

57_pork_050_Medium_1.jpg

Sides were the veggies off the WSM and a salad mixed of salad greens, bell pepper, jalapeno, curled cheese, lime and lemon
I topped that with a dressing mixed of a store bought "american dressing", EVO and coarse ground chipotles
and then put some cracked macadamia nuts on top

57_pork_051_Medium_1.jpg

57_pork_052_Medium_1.jpg

57_pork_053_Medium_1.jpg

57_pork_054_Medium_1.jpg

57_pork_055_Medium_1.jpg

57_pork_057_Medium_1.jpg

57_pork_056_Medium_1.jpg

I already had quite a few hogs run over my grills in my life, but i must admit that this was by far the very
best i EVER had. :biggrin:

Crispy crust, the loin was tender as butter, the belly part was very juicy and the (little) meat between the tiny ribs was
breathtaking.

Cheers ,

DM

Man, that blows the chipotle burrito I'm currently eating to smithereenes.

Great looking grub you got there.

Is that a 22" WSM ?

Maybe next time you can take a picture so we'd have an idea of what you did!
Hmmmm! Great looking meal. The pork looked perfect. I could almost taste it through the screen. Very good job. You have a right to be proud!

Is that a 22" WSM ?

Nope, its a regular WSM with some modifications mounted on a Weber Platinum cart, a probbq-WSM-Stacker and a BBQ-Guru.

57_110807_019_Medium_2.jpg

Theres no 22" WSM available, but probbq is coming with a 20" model (incl the Stacker-Feature) this spring.

Heres a pic of the 20" unit compared to the WSM. :eek:

57_e2_1.jpg

DM

Pig

Damn DOn that pork looks awsome.........drool:wink::eusa_clap

FINE looking food DM!!!

What kind of cheese did you use to get the nice "flower"?

Did you use a veggy peeler to get the curls like that?

What kind of cheese did you use to get the nice "flower"?

Did you use a veggy peeler to get the curls like that?

I dont remember the name of the cheese, its some french aged cheese that is curled using a cheese curler.

61_0.jpg

You can shave really thin curls off of the cheese, the flavour is awesome that way.

DM

Well I guess I am not going to be posting my Hot Dog pron now:wink:!!! Looks great and I bet tasted even better.

That looks really awesome, both the food and the photography. I've never seen that cut of meat so far, but it is giving me some ideas...

BTW, is that pit temp probe holder something that comes with the guru or an add on? It looks a lot more stable than the pit temp probe that comes with the stoker.

Great job!

now that is the pron should be

some good looking eats you have there

Breathtaking! Thanks for sharing the pics with us Don.

Back