THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeremiah

is one Smokin' Farker
brisket_angus.jpg

Sorry for the crappy cell phone picture quality, I just couldn't wait to get home and use a real camera (I'm at work).

I picked it up this morning, I asked my butcher for a CAB, this isn't one, it says "Meyer Natural Angus" but it's USDA Prime which is what I'm excited about :)

I often do my choice packers hot and fast with good results, however I have some low and slow plans for this one which I think will be more beneficial given the (hopefully) extensive marbling.

Going to keep the rub nice and simple for this one, salt, pepper, garlic, onion, and some various ground chilies.

More pics to follow.

Like a kid with a new toy, can't wait to get it home

Ya know... This is probably the only place on the web where a guy can post a picture of a piece of raw beef under a title like that and we not only understand his excitement, we're waiting for the pictures! :-D I love this place!

Nice chunk o' beef, jeremiah (and I am talking about the brisket... Q-Talk, remember :-D) Let us know how it tastes!

Nice one. Don't want excuses about camera during cook. We want to see that baby in all it's beauty. Nice score.

Ya know... This is probably the only place on the web where a guy can post a picture of a piece of raw beef under a title like that and we not only understand his excitement, we're waiting for the pictures! :-D I love this place!

Nice chunk o' beef, jeremiah (and I am talking about the brisket... Q-Talk, remember :-D) Let us know how it tastes!

Ditto! :p:biggrin::-D

It really is nice to not get looked at funny (figuratively speaking of course) for getting excited over this type of stuff.

You gonna pull an all nighter for this one? If ya don't your'e a sally. Nice score. Post pics.

Ouch! I was planning on starting it in the early AM since it's around 10 pounds I figured it wouldn't be so bad. Normally I would "pull an all nighter" except I would sleep while it's cooking :razz:. Not with this bad boy, not relying on some weak alarm beeps to alert me of any trouble!

You should love that beauty!

You are right to actually watch the internal temps on it.
There is a very good chance it will cook up a bit faster than normal choice brisket.
Also, it may be "fork tender" done at a lower temp than normal. Start checking at 180-185 or so!

Great score--Prime Brisket Rocks!

TIM

The Kapn,

Yes... I was planning on "getting ready to possibly pull" (hehehehe) at around 180. I've read that these babies are a little different in terms of doneness.

Just got back from costco, picked up some spares, 2 pork shoulders, and a leg of lamb. Might have to wait until next week for this bad boy :).

Still at work, hogging up all the space in the fridge. I'm disappointed I couldn't make it to the Hill Country bash so I'm showering myself with presents of meat.

The Kapn,

Yes... I was planning on "getting ready to possibly pull" (hehehehe) at around 180. I've read that these babies are a little different in terms of doneness.

Just got back from costco, picked up some spares, 2 pork shoulders, and a leg of lamb. Might have to wait until next week for this bad boy :).

Still at work, hogging up all the space in the fridge. I'm disappointed I couldn't make it to the Hill Country bash so I'm showering myself with presents of meat.
Nice score but now your just being a tease...........:wink:
Fire that pit up and get to smokin!! :cool:

Back