How hot does your vertical offset get?

smokinbadger

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I've had my Klose MasterChef for about a year now, and I'm very happy with it. There is one thing I have noticed about it which I'm not sure is usual for this design or if it's just something I'm doing wrong. While I can dial in the horizontal part to 225F or whatever I want pretty easily, I can never seem to get the vertical to hold at more than about 175F. Normally this is not a big deal, since I usually use that part for smoking peppers or cold smoking fish or drying jerky, but I had originally expected I could use the vertical like I was used to on my Bandera.

I'm running with all dampers open, including the pass through from the horizontal, and with the chimneys on the horizontal closed. The horizontal gets to 350F+, but the vertical still runs pretty cold. Any advice?

For anyone who doesn't know what this smoker looks like, here's a picture (it's the one in the back :grin:):

I've had my Klose MasterChef for about a year now, and I'm very happy with it. There is one thing I have noticed about it which I'm not sure is usual for this design or if it's just something I'm doing wrong. While I can dial in the horizontal part to 225F or whatever I want pretty easily, I can never seem to get the vertical to hold at more than about 175F. Normally this is not a big deal, since I usually use that part for smoking peppers or cold smoking fish or drying jerky, but I had originally expected I could use the vertical like I was used to on my Bandera.

I'm running with all dampers open, including the pass through from the horizontal, and with the chimneys on the horizontal closed. The horizontal gets to 350F+, but the vertical still runs pretty cold. Any advice?

For anyone who doesn't know what this smoker looks like, here's a picture (it's the one in the back :grin:):

Did you have it tuned?

Back