Sept 14-15 KC local comps

KC_Bobby

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Anyone cooking in Mission or Kearney this upcoming weekend? I just contacted Mission to see if they need judges. When I was looking for the contact info there, I noticed that the team areas are only 10'x20' - talk about tight quarters.

If Mission doesn't need judges, I'm going to try Kearney to see if they need more.

Anyone heard how many teams will be at either?

I'll be at Kearney. They were hoping for 50 teams, but I don't know the final count.

If you can't get in to judge, wanna come help me Saturday? I'm flying solo.

Better yet, I'll help you period. I think I'll learn more from you then judging.

I'll be at Kearney. They were hoping for 50 teams, but I don't know the final count.

If you can't get in to judge, wanna come help me Saturday? I'm flying solo.

Better yet, I'll help you period. I think I'll learn more from you then judging.

Don't assume too much. :wink:

I wrap meat at 6am on the nose. Nothing happens from 8pm until 6am except sleep. Come out anytime. I'll PM my cell number.

Anyone up at Kearney this weekend should feel free to stop by. We'll have a few cold ones and cocktails looking for a human container ready and waiting.

We're doing Mission. 41 teams at last count. I think we are setting up next to the MoKan Meatheads. Should be a good time.

We're doing Mission. 41 teams at last count. I think we are setting up next to the MoKan Meatheads. Should be a good time.

Mission should be a good one! Kearney is expected to be bigger than that, but I've only heard of three other teams. Don't know who will be there.

Mission should be a good one! Kearney is expected to be bigger than that, but I've only heard of three other teams. Don't know who will be there.

Last year....Bare Bones, Smokin Guns, AM & PM, T's Smokin Pit, Wabash, Midwest Scuba Que, and lot others who I can't think of.

Have fun this weekend, Todd. I still don't see how we are going to cook for the contest and vend at the same time in Atchison. As of right now we might have help from Robert & Lesley, but not for sure yet.

Last year....Bare Bones, Smokin Guns, AM & PM, T's Smokin Pit, Wabash, Midwest Scuba Que, and lot others who I can't think of.

Have fun this weekend, Todd. I still don't see how we are going to cook for the contest and vend at the same time in Atchison. As of right now we might have help from Robert & Lesley, but not for sure yet.

We did it last week. You'll need help.

We will be at Mission - Neal see you there. Thought there was 50 teams. Looking forward to it.

Don't assume too much. :wink:

I wrap meat at 6am on the nose. Nothing happens from 8pm until 6am except sleep. Come out anytime. I'll PM my cell number.

Sometimes an occasional movie, or margaritas, or site strolls... or vodka cranberry... I wouldnt say nothing.... :cool:

Back