The verdict is in

BBQ_Mayor

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
After seeing Ho De Do's (Andy's) cooker in Bellevue, I just had to have one. Bought one a few weeks ago, sold my Backwoods Gator to KC Bobby and Don from Boondoggle BBQ and just did my first "official" test yesterday.

Did a small Rib and Tri-tip contest here in Central Iowa. I was worried that my Ribs may slip cause I've been scoring pretty well all year with the backwoods. The Ribs placed 3rd and the Tri-Tip was 10th.

I love this cooker! Heading up to Sparta Wisconsin in a few more weeks to give it the true KCBS test. Heres some pics.

Oh, Buzz from the brethren also stopped by to see me yesterday. It was nice to meet him and I think well hook up at a contest next year. Sounds like he has his *&it together.

Oh, and one more thing, not bbq releted but fun. I raced my school bus last night at a local track and won!..paid $500. woo hoo!!! Hopefully somebody got a pic of me crossing the finish line.

setup.jpg
My set up
wholehog.jpg
The whole hog cooker
tritip.jpg
Thi tri-tip

Better you than me, Ray. Maybe it was the four large Hurricanes, six of Miller Lite and several swigs of Cabo but I didn't get much out of cooking on that thing! :lol: Good luck with it...

Ray, I just have to smile seeing you move from the Backwoods/Guru/Lump to pellets. Another converted!

Hey, one of your fellow Iowa Q'ers is selling two FEC's for $2k each. Might as well grab one of those, too. Heehee!!

Hey Ray wish I new you were at Bellevue I would have liked to meet you. That was the first comp I used my 570 at. I love mine. Good luck with it.

Back