Spanish Tapas

LYU370

Resident Idjit

Batch Image
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you know there are a couple of throwdowns going on? It's true and if you cook the correct dish, you can enter the Summer Cookouts Throwdown as well as the International Fare Throwdown. The best part is you get to eat your food!

Had a couple friends over and did a Spanish Tapas party. At first I thought it would be a PITA with all the different dishes, but turned out to be a fun cook and homemade Sangria was flowing so that certainly helped. :becky:

MENU:
Gambas al Ajillo (Spanish Garlic Shrimp)
Pinchos Morunos (Spanish Pork Skewers)
Champinones Al Ajillo (Spanish Garlic Mushrooms)
Patatas Bravas (Spanish Roasted Potatoes With (Fierce) Tomato Sauce)
Pan Con Tomate (Spanish Crispy Bread and Tomato)

And Corn Riblets. I don't think it's Spanish Tapas, found it on a UK website listing Tapas dishes, but it sounded cool.

No idea what a Pork Ribeye Roast was, but it sounded like it would be tender and looked like it had some fat in it. :noidea:

RCWJAU4h.jpg

iRE7Yzth.jpg

v9NCVq0h.jpg

QLfoRONh.jpg

Taters & corn "riblets" on the Big Joe indirect at 375.

lItP7TKh.jpg

LNaFED3h.jpg

Random grill shots...

qIGnDozh.jpg

vyy8uArh.jpg

P0Qyrmvh.jpg

6dHxdsOh.jpg

KOSF8qQh.jpg

Plated up with some Sangria, everyone grabbed a plate a pigged out. Never seen people eat food so fast before.

wjDy4zsh.jpg

BSQNuzmh.jpg

ZJB0acMh.jpg

q6mmpSzh.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Did you know there are a couple of throwdowns going on? It's true and if you cook the correct dish, you can enter the Summer Cookouts Throwdown as well as the International Fare Throwdown. The best part is you get to eat your food!

Had a couple friends over and did a Spanish Tapas party. At first I thought it would be a PITA with all the different dishes, but turned out to be a fun cook and homemade Sangria was flowing so that certainly helped. :becky:

MENU:
Gambas al Ajillo (Spanish Garlic Shrimp)
Pinchos Morunos (Spanish Pork Skewers)
Champinones Al Ajillo (Spanish Garlic Mushrooms)
Patatas Bravas (Spanish Roasted Potatoes With (Fierce) Tomato Sauce)
Pan Con Tomate (Spanish Crispy Bread and Tomato)

And Corn Riblets. I don't think it's Spanish Tapas, found it on a UK website listing Tapas dishes, but it sounded cool.

No idea what a Pork Ribeye Roast was, but it sounded like it would be tender and looked like it had some fat in it.

Holy cramp Ahndy! I thought I was getting down on a Sunday with Saigon rubbed loin chops and Elotes! I'ma go sit in the basement and think about my shortcomings!

OUT-Standing!

That looks wonderful, and it sounded like folks jumped on the offerings (as would I)!

Pass the sangria!

Looks and sounds amazing You have some very lucky friends Andy I have never seen corn like that before

A truly epic and outstanding cook, Andy. An international cookout par excellence!

Awesome cook. I like the way your quartered the corn. Didn't see this in the OCD thread, but suspect some would prefer end pieces of vertically cut ears of corn. Yours should please anyone, though I would take a pass and eat more shrimp. Just looks fantastic.

Last edited:
Well, ain't that sumpthin!!! How do you get your corn to bend like that?
Looks like he may have quartered the cobs. I just wonder how he did it without the cob rolling on him.
Awesome cook. I like the way your quartered the corn. Didn't see this in the OCD thread, but suspect some would prefer end pieces of vertically cut ears of corn. Yours should please anyone, though I would take a pass and eat more shrimp. Just looks fantastic.

Yep, quartered cobs, once they start cooking up they start to curl up. I guess an air fryer gives it the biggest curl. Google corn riblets.

Was a pain trying to cut through the cob and was careful the entire time not cut my fingers off.

Fun presentation, would I go through the trouble again, probably not. Maybe for a special occasion.

Back