• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Maxwell Street Polish

LYU370

Resident Idjit

Batch Image
Reaction score
Did you know there is a Fast Food Throwdown going on? You should enter! Also a Sausagefest TD as well.

Since I cooked the Jim's Original pork chop sammich the other day, thought I'd also do a Chicago Maxwell Street Polish. Coincidentally, also invented by Jim's Original back in the 1940's.

A blurb on their website said their polish was made by Slotkowski Sausage. They've been around longer than Jim's, so it's possible, but have they changed suppliers? They won't divulge their current sausage supplier. I bought a package of Slotkowski to try out. Allegedly they cut theirs into 1/3lb pieces, I cut the two pack in half, which was less than that. :noidea:

UIOlOn7h.jpg

Of course you need grilled onions, everything at Jim's has grilled onions.

C0aMHGeh.jpg

Shhh... Don't tell anyone, garlic makes everything better...

6ewkiGDh.jpg

Grill up the Polish

LN2hvZUh.jpg

iVgrPBMh.jpg

And contrary to popular belief all Chicago dogs do not use poppy seed buns, only the ones with all the veggies on them. (Although those are really, really good). Maxwell St. Polish uses a regular plain bun, as does the Chicago Depression Dog (Google Gene & Jude's, America's #1 rated hot dog). But as with ALL Chicago Dogs, NO KETCHUP allowed! Unless you're 5. Some dog joint's have no ketchup on site, some will ask you to please leave (seriously), others will sneer at you, but will grudgingly give you some.

Anyhow, bun, plain yellow stadium mustard, (Plochman's is best), sausage, grilled onions & sport peppers. Thought I had fries, but no, so slaw it is.

WP8XQ49h.jpg

KyHXSw9h.jpg

Good stuff, thanks for looking.

You're about a quart low on the oil used for the onions :laugh:, otherwise Great Job!
Looks so good now I have to go get Sport Peppers - I've got a Costco pack of "Maxwell Street Sausage" in the fridge already.

Back