THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SmittyJonz

somebody shut me the fark up.
I call it Pig Slop cuz it reminds me of the food scraps bucket Granma kept under her sink to feed her pigs.

Chunk up some taters and start them in a Fast Bubble with water and your favorite seasonings- I like Cavendars Greek Seasonings. After 7.5 minutes to 8.25 minutes add 1-2 lbs of your favorite smoked dinner sausage - chunked or cubed or medallion sliced - Conecuh or Earl Campbell’s or Such- and reduce to medium bubble. Add a Large can of diced tomatoes and the juice. Go for a bit - like another 7.5 to 8.25 minutes stirring occasionally. Reduce to Slow bubble and add veggies - frozen or canned - like VegiAll or Corn and Green Beans. Slow Bubble -stirring occasionally - till it looks Right…….

5b2e0549ef1162585ec4047eebc7df34.jpg

69a1b900422e0f99a2026cd13e6b5c0b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
DON’T scorch it tho………… :puke: Top 98% can Look Good but if evens smidge at bottom scorches/sticks - Ruins all of it………

Heck yeah! And a great name for it, too. Been making variations on this theme most of my life. Simple, tastes great, and filling.

Green Beans and Corn bits Really brings out the Slop look……..

I prefer to add chopped onions but the wife don’t like onions…..

P.S. after you finish take a bread or roll and wipe your plate clean - Tasty and no dishes to wash……….

Last edited:
I make something similar. Green beans,sausage,and potatoes. Eat it with biscuits. We call it slop. At it growing up every Wed when I visited dad because we were poor at time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back