Christmas Rib Roast

LYU370

Resident Idjit

Batch Image
Staff member
Reaction score
Christmas Day means a rib roast around here. But ya gotta have some apps too. Found a few to try on a previous post. Bacon wrapped triscuits & oreos, maple bourbon bacon & shotgun shells.

QscY6BKh.jpg

uErw0GIh.jpg

The is the second time I've tried Wally World Great Value bacon, while it may be a great value, it's pretty lousy bacon.

qEri1kch.jpg

FEC got the call today, everyone in...

9dB4Aaah.jpg

Little over done, but they were still pretty darned tasty...

XOJuXDFh.jpg

Shotgun shells with good bacon

Tur25QPh.jpg

And crappy Wally World bacon on the left

SOjn50eh.jpg

NI8990dh.jpg

Rib roast coated and in the FEC

Dvv885Fh.jpg

Thermoworks products keeping an eye on things...

tfjMePJh.jpg

A clove or two of garlic...

NGLBbv5h.jpg

Done resting, time to slice into it...

qY4rSAlh.jpg

Q7dDajPh.jpg

Yum. Slice of rib roast, lobster tail, grilled asparagus, sauteed mushrooms & roasted taters. With a side of garlic butter, fresh horseradish and some au jus. Tried to make some Yorkshire puddings, but those were a complete failure.

BBs3HFzh.jpg

Saved a few bottles of wine from my daughter's wedding. This is some good stuff.

56r0LP4.jpg

Thaks for looking. Merry Christmas Brethren!

Wow, Andy! That looks awesome, man. Killer roast beast!

Completely agreed on the Wally World bacon.

Yummy lookin eats for sure! Tell me more about these shotgun shells of which you speak.The others I have heard of but not the shotgun shells.Please do tell.

Yummy lookin eats for sure! Tell me more about these shotgun shells of which you speak.The others I have heard of but not the shotgun shells.Please do tell.

Manicotti filled with sausage & cheese, wrapped in bacon. Bunch of different recipes out there for it. Some use Italian sausage, some breakfast sausage, some ground beef, whatever you want I guess.

For mine I used breakfast sausage, rub & shredded cheese as the filling. Next time, I'll probably add some BBQ sauce, filling was a little dry.

Manicotti filled with sausage & cheese, wrapped in bacon. Bunch of different recipes out there for it. Some use Italian sausage, some breakfast sausage, some ground beef, whatever you want I guess.

For mine I used breakfast sausage, rub & shredded cheese as the filling. Next time, I'll probably add some BBQ sauce, filling was a little dry.

Thank you Sir.That sounds fantabulous! I shall give it a try!

For what it is worth,that is the MOST PERFECTLY COOKED Prime I have EVER SEEN! You nailed it!

Awesome cook. I have some pork belly Bourbon Bacon done curing and going in the cold smoke tomorrow. Last I made was maple bacon. Haven't put the two together yet, Yours looks great!

Did a rich uncle die and leave you his fortune to allow you to purchase so much bacon?
Ed

Back