Christmas present to me. Flip-Flop Grill.

WilliamKY

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
5 pounds of thighs with Yardbird seasoning. 3/4 chimney of briquettes. This little dude makes outstanding chicken. I'm not promoting anything, just being honest. On it's first run it did better chicken than anything I've done on my Weber. It smells just like fried chicken and the taste is very good. The fat dripping onto the coals really is a game changer. The height is right to prevent flare ups. Nice crispy skin too. Line the bottom with foil and no mess cleanup. This was an A+ purchase and will get a bunch of use. Made in Wisconsin, USA.

Attachments

• 20211223_135700.jpg
    20211223_135700.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 287
  • 20211223_170032.jpg
    20211223_170032.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 290
  • 20211223_175814.jpg
    20211223_175814.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 286
  • 20211223_175427.jpg
    20211223_175427.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 284
Those pics back up your review. Awesome cook!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I saw a video that T-Roy Cooks did quite a while ago testing that out, looks like a fun cooker. I would like to try it for myself one day.

I saw a video that T-Roy Cooks did quite a while ago testing that out, looks like a fun cooker. I would like to try it for myself one day.
Yep I saw that video too. It's not exactly inexpensive ($178 including shipping) There isn't a lot there but it's solid. Later when it cools down I will remove the foil and ashes, disassemble and put it back in the box. Only cleaning is the grate. The simplicity is awesome. I'm not easily impressed but I really like it after the first cook.

Interesting. What are the grate dimensions?
The cooking area is 14.5" x 14". It held more than I thought it would. I did exactly 5lbs of bone in thighs and could possible get 10lbs if I squeezed them in tight. I used 3/4 chimney and flipped every 15 minutes. It took an hour. Next cook I will use a full chimney and should be able to shave off some time.

The cooking area is 14.5" x 14". It held more than I thought it would. I did exactly 5lbs of bone in thighs and could possible get 10lbs if I squeezed them in tight. I used 3/4 chimney and flipped every 15 minutes. It took an hour. Next cook I will use a full chimney and should be able to shave off some time.
I saw on the website that it'll hold three chickens or 30 brats, it is Wisconsin after all. Would probably work great for some Cornell Chicken. Something else I don't need but will probably end up getting. Damn you Brethren!!!!

I saw on the website that it'll hold three chickens or 30 brats, it is Wisconsin after all. Would probably work great for some Cornell Chicken. Something else I don't need but will probably end up getting. Damn you Brethren!!!!
30 brats I have no doubt but 3 chickens is a stretch. Small young chickens trimmed aggressively perhaps. Get one. You'll notice instantly the chicken tastes different. In a good way. Next time I might toss a chunk of wood in the coals but its not needed, just experimenting.

It's my first time seeing this cooker and it's very cool. Really good results on your inaugural run.

Someone is selling a non-SS version on eBay for $139. Only a few left.

Someone is selling a non-SS version on eBay for $139. Only a few left.

I saw this ad and could have saved about $20 but I had a bad experience with eBay once and so I opted to buy direct from the manufacturer. Also, I dont think they offer a SS model but I could be wrong. The bottom and sides are aluminized steel and the legs and cooking grate are nickel chrome plated.

I saw this ad and could have saved about $20 but I had a bad experience with eBay once and so I opted to buy direct from the manufacturer. Also, I dont think they offer a SS model but I could be wrong. The bottom and sides are aluminized steel and the legs and cooking grate are nickel chrome plated.

My bad. For some reason I thought it was $300.

Back