Chili for the TD

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
For the Soups, Stews and Chili throwdown

My chili recipe varies each time I make it, I suppose that's the nature of chili.

Let's start off with Bacon on the Blackstone -

njaFqyi.jpg

Just about done -

KpUwH29.jpg

Over on the Goldens' we'll grill some Linquica and char some peppers. The Linguica was a Manager's Special at $1.99, so I couldn't pass it up -

YXeeHJK.jpg

Put the Lodge cast iron into use and saute the onions and garlic -

f6ZVmCv.jpg

Brown some ground beef and add some spices (cumin, smoked paprika, chili powder) -

eKw76mJ.jpg

Add in two cans of Fire Roasted Ro*Tel Tomatoes along with pink, red and black beans -

Yn2EXhf.jpg

The Linguica and the peppers are added -

xDMDhMT.jpg

Can't forget the bacon! -

N6OAPPB.jpg

Let it simmer uncovered for about 45 minutes -

n02mCi0.jpg

8tNVnzN.jpg

A hearty bowl of chili for dinner is served -

Pafy3hw.jpg

kai7ts8.jpg

Add sour cream, cheese and pair it with a Sam Winter Lager -

3yB18TZ.jpg

B5lZSg6.jpg

And yep, it was quite good! I don't normally make chili with bacon or Linguica, but both were a great addition. An excellent dinner on a somewhat chilly Fall day here in New England.

Thanks for following through today's chili creation.

Regards,
-lunchman

Looks real good from your neighbor up north.

Chris

Amen, Dom!

All sorts of great flavors going on in that bowl. I've never made chili with bacon before, but you wouldn't have to twist my arm very hard to get me to try it!

Hang onto that batch... looks like you've got a real mess heading your way in the next few days. Might need it!

Something I love about this forum is the variety from so many places. When I looked at your chili I thought to myself "This looks like something a Yankee would make". And that's not a bad thing. You said you were in New England and I guess my premonition was right. It looks outstanding, Dom. I'd eat that chili until I was so full my stomach hurt and I had to lie down.

I also have never heard of bacon in chili, nor even thought about it, but it certainly looks like it works! Excellent comfort food!

Must be a a great depth of flavor with all the variants of meat, chiles, and beans!

Thanks all. This was a lot of fun to make, especially when everything is done outside.

The bacon was a questionable addition, I even did a search for "bacon in chili?" before going for it. But you know what they say about bacon....

Too bad I didn't make it in time for the nachos throwdown. But that's how it will be put to use today while watching some games.

SIR
That is not chili by any means! That looks way better than just chili. Maybe Mexican stew is a better term. Or just Darn good grub

Back