Spanish Potato Stew with Smoked Chorizo & Pork

thirdeye

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Reaction score
This is my cook's thread for the "Soups, Stews, and Chili" Throwdown.

Here are the raw ingredients. The smoked chorizo is the Basque style like is served in Northern Spain, and the pork is a Coppa roast (aka money muscle roast). Not shown is a container of smoked pork broth I made from neck bones.

AXM84H1.jpg

Mrs ~t~ took the lead on this cook and started by baking a loaf of sourdough bread which has Bella Sun Luci sun dried tomatoes.

pFXG4Vj.jpg

The meats get flavor smoked, then I switched set-ups so we could saute the onions and peppers and get the broth cooking down. Garlic, cumin, oregano, smoked paprika, black pepper and cayenne are added.

JVesC1U.jpg

OaydvoS.jpg

The pork goes in after an hour or so, and it simmers until just tender.

KoIrFTr.jpg

4EYBCEP.jpg

Next, the potatoes go in and simmer for maybe 30 minutes, the chorizo is added last and the stew cools for few minutes. Using 2 cups of broth, cheese and sour cream is mixed together and this is returned to the pot.

We did garnish with some cilantro, and lightly toasted the sourdough.

mgzTsZc.jpg

Most righteous! The flavors had to be killer.

It's a good balance of flavor. There is a little heat from the cayenne, and the chorizo has spiciness too.

I'll take a bowl... Possibly three... :thumb:

This stew is amazingly filling, partially from the potatoes and thickening with the cheese and sour cream at the end. And of course we were dipping the bread in there too. :biggrin1:

Love it when something unique finds its way here. Just an outstanding cook!

Back