Does anyone know for sure...

That’s the thing Pat, they won’t answer the question directly, I’m hoping someone that has one will look at the box or paperwork.

And the lack of response speaks too.

That’s the thing Pat, they won’t answer the question directly, I’m hoping someone that has one will look at the box or paperwork.

And the lack of response speaks too.

Well, if they're skirting the question from a phone call, you have your answer.

May be "assembled" in the USA using components from elsewhere, I bet.

on edit: mph33 just bought one. Shoot him a PM.

Got a call about 7 last night from California, didn’t answer, message left, it was PK, said they would call me back today.

Guess I’ll be answering unknown calls today, and no, I don’t wanna buy extended car insurance.

The Classic is still made in the US. The 360 has always been made in China. I think the new PKGO is also made in China.

I've owned both the classic and the 360 and IMO, the 360 is better made and the finish is nicer. I sold the classic. In the PK Facebook group, there are a lot of people that have had casting issues with the classic so I'm not sure what is going on with that.

I know in the past the Original PK was still touted to be made in the US. I know my 13 yr old PK was made in the USA. Have heard the 360 was made in China so I have steered clear of that not because its a bad grill, but because its made in China. Went with and Hasty instead.
Thru some email back and forth got them to admit their "Lil More" & "Cookmore" grids are now made in China. They still claim they are SS on their site. Most Amazon sites say "nickel plated steel". Both my grids are about 4 years old and hate to say it are garbage. However my Hastybake extenda grids fit like a glove, a tad bigger, much heavier duty, cost less, and also are not SS.

Got a call about 7 last night from California, didn’t answer, message left, it was PK, said they would call me back today.

Guess I’ll be answering unknown calls today, and no, I don’t wanna buy extended car insurance.

Did they ever get back to you?

I know in the past the Original PK was still touted to be made in the US. I know my 13 yr old PK was made in the USA. Have heard the 360 was made in China so I have steered clear of that not because its a bad grill, but because its made in China. Went with and Hasty instead.
Thru some email back and forth got them to admit their "Lil More" & "Cookmore" grids are now made in China. They still claim they are SS on their site. Most Amazon sites say "nickel plated steel". Both my grids are about 4 years old and hate to say it are garbage. However my Hastybake extenda grids fit like a glove, a tad bigger, much heavier duty, cost less, and also are not SS.

The stainless steel little more and cookmore grates have always been made in China.

I also have a Hasty Bake and one of the HB extenda grids that I bought a few years ago had the chrome plating peeling off like crazy. Their grate lifting tools that I have also have this problem.

As much as I like my HB, it doesn't compare to my PK360 in quality and in temp control. It's made out of thin 18 gauge steel and the grill leaks air like a sieve. I had to add gaskets to the side door to get any type of temp control and to keep temps under 350 degrees.

@70monte
- You go ahead and keep believing that the PK "Lil & Cookmore" grids were always made in China. Not so!
- They switched to China manufacture when they supposedly shifted from "nickel plated steel" to "stainless steel". Most liky at PK360 rollout.
- First set of PK extend grids I bought showed up rusty and dipping process defects. PK offered to replace said no thanks that was 4 plus years ago. They were nickel plated steel.
You and I had this discussion on another forum. You indicated the were now SS. I contacted PK they (PK) said yes they are made out of SS. I replied good to know and asked if still made in the US? PK replied unfortunately "No" cost prohibitive. You can go out on PK's website and Amazons and still find conflicting info. Much to PK's credit they are cleaning up the confusion on their site and Amazon stores also.
- The only cast molding issues concerning the PK that I have seen and heard about are with the 360 (multiple pics on the other forum you and I have communicated on). However I do not doubt that the PKO may have had issues. Molds only last so long.
- Trying to compare a PK 360 to a Hastybake is a futile effort. Different animals, Different contruction. Only legit comparison is comparitive age of manufactures 1952 to 1948.
- Comparing a Hastybake to an M1 which we both have is a less futile effort but much closer in design and purpose. M1 wins just about everything in that comparison. But as usual knowing your cookers idiosyncrasies, fire management and lets not forget the cook can lead to spectacular results on both.
- Concerning your Hastybake extend grids sorry yours are not working out for you. Mine have been petfect no peeling nothing. Good purchase for me no remorse. It's not a zero defect world my PK grids were garbage and sounds like your Hastybake grids were the same. BTW have you mentioned that issue to Nick, he is pretty user friendly.
Here is an example of the confusion:
https://www.amazon.com/PK-Grills-PK99020-Cooking-Standard/dp/B0006ZUHTS

- Adding some more confusion:
pk-grills

Last edited:
Back