Jerk Turkey Breast

Stingerhook

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Started out Wednesday sauteeing onion, celery, giblets, neck meat and rubbed sage for a dressing recipe my mother gave me a loooong time ago.
DB8HIoX.jpg

Nellie made some of her jerk seasoning and onto the 18" it went
U9GNbNI.jpg

The dressing was done 1st
6zut192.jpg

H4tQvuY.jpg

Then the breast
FDuwzrS.jpg

Fried the dressing in butter(as mom used to do) and on the fancy china with a slice of the turkey breast with some gravy Nellie made
PhsIk9C.jpg

I admit the skin wasn't worth a crap, but it was the moistest turkey I have made in a while
Thanks for looking.

Looks great! Skin looks awesome. Is it just the light or is there a mustard slather on that?

I personally wonder why so many are obsessed with crispy turkey skin. Turkey skin is nasty no matter the texture. Give me moist meat any day!
Excellent meal!

Marty, you sir, nailed that. Dressing is my favorite (by far) and I have never seen any prepared like this before (especially the frying you are mentioning). Please give details.

Marty, you sir, nailed that. Dressing is my favorite (by far) and I have never seen any prepared like this before (especially the frying you are mentioning). Please give details.
Joedy,
Since I was 3 years old it has been toast about two loaves of bread per turkey, one large onion diced, about 8 stalks celery diced, boil the giblets and neck until cooked and dice and shered as required. Put the onion, celery, the giblet mix into a fry pan with some rubbed sage and sautee until smelling good. Mix up with the bread cubes, half a dozen eggs and milk to texture feels right and into a loaf pan. 350 in the oven until it rreaches 165 and then out for a rest. Slice like bread and into a frying pan with butter until nice and brown and serve with the turkey or use it like bread to make a turkey sandwich.

That pan of dressing looks just like the dressing I grew up with from my mother, except she didn't use bread, she put an entire cornbread in hers. I would love to try yours, just for comparison. And jerk turkey? What a twist on the norm! I will see you this weekend for those leftovers.

That looks wonderful and delicious! Skipped the turkey leftovers today and made a shrimp scampi kinda dish with some leftover jumbo shrimp. Trinity, stick of butter, garlic white wi e and shrimp. Back to turkey later.

Back