Rosh Hashana - Jewish New Year - Roti Lamb and Chicken Plus Ancient Eastern European Secret!!

Stlsportster

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Happy New Year Brethren. Been cooking all day for family dinner tonight. A few traditions and a few new things. Hang on for the ride. This first part is phot heavy.

Started with Chicken Stock for the Matzo Ball soup. Plus 48 matzo balls. We provide soup for both nights. My wife makes the best.

I’m in charge of dinner.

First the leg o lamb needs a marinate. Olive oil, onion powder, garlic cloves, lemon juice and zest, thyme. A little rest after I slather the inside and trussed it back up.

fg79YHal.jpg

Light trim

vndmgT7l.jpg

PamAgIul.jpg

XVyPyael.jpg

Chicken in plowboys yardbird and BPS Money. On the roti.

tTMMh9Il.jpg

After a 30 min head start. Lamb on too.

42NwBnWl.jpg

Now. Gotta go check on it. Back in a second with more progress.

The sun is setting here... so, Shana tova!

Great things behind and many great things ahead for you (and the family)!

I hope you folks thoroughly enjoy tonight. Keep the pr0n flowing as able.

Kind regards to you and the family.

Thankfully, you now have the time to devote to intense meals like that, and as my wife would add, to clean up as well:thumb:
The best to you and your family.

Love it. I especially love the "digitally enhanced" lessons from your Mom.

You folks ate incredibly well.

A thought for you for next time you do lamb - something we learned from friends in the UK.... Anchovies On Lamb - It's not going to taste fishy, but it'll seriously enhance the overall flavor. I cringed and questioned, too. Trust me. Run that through Google.

Love it. I especially love the "digitally enhanced" lessons from your Mom.

She’s an old CINChouse too, and I’m an Army brat. My dad was a 1st Lt. Signal Corp, stationed in Radford, VA in an underground Data Center the first 3 yrs of my life.

She’s taught me many things and this was only one lesson she’s passed down to mine too.

So when something is "schmaltzy," it is an imitation or fake. I wondered where the term came from.

Your meal looks so delicious! Have a happy Rosh Hashana!

John Thomas in NC

Do you have a link or somewhere I can find that cage you have for the rotisserie?

Back