Butchers bbq phosphates

Wood Fire Steel

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I have a question about butchers bbq phosphates. We have a pork butt injection for competition we like. We are wanting the additions of phosphates. We have canned a large amount of our injection. Can the phosphate be added to cold injection? It looks like the packaging says 1/4 cup to two cups of water. I assume it can be any liquid not just water. Just don’t want to muck up a batch of injection. And before you say it... yes I know phosphates are not needed and some believe them to have a degree of harm...we have chosen to use them and are looking for feedback from someone that has used them like I described above. Thanks

It will depend on what you have in your injection, such as "salt". You can send David a message or call him, explain what your recipe is and he will give you expert advice on how much Phosphates you need to add. "Trust Your Butcher"

You will need to change your finish temps when using them, or at least that has been my experience.

Do you mean room temp or cold water? If room temp, I'd say it's ok. Mostly everyone I know uses room temp water/liquid when mixing their injection. BTW.. make sure you don't get the one that tenderizer in it.. my buddy did and his brisket was coming out mushy and then we looked at the bag of phospates.. it says TR on it.

They clump up really bad with anything besides water. mix with a small amount of water before adding to your injection.

Hummph...
And here I thought Phosphates was something they put in soap.:icon_blush::redface:

What became of SPOG? :bored:

Thanks everyone for the great advise. May see if I can find a contact number for David.

Back