Hart Burns

ModelMaker

Quintessential Chatty Farker
I judged a Iowa BBQ Society contest last Sat. and one the bacon entries was a winner and I thought I would try to improve it a bit.
Pretty simple grocery list. 1lb hot sausage, japalinos, cream cheese.
1.jpg

Chop japs, I only used 1/2 of one to keep wifey happy, I would have used the whole one. 1/2 of the cream cheese with a splash of W sauce and some pepper, and G powder. Mix up well and there's your stuffing.
2.jpg

Do the standard roll out in a Quart freezer bag with all the air out.
4.jpg

Slice the bag open down the sides and use a pizza cutter to make 8 pieces.
5.jpg

Make the rolls after placing a couple tablespoons of stuffing down the middle and wrap and seal (a pastry blade was a big help as now everything was warm and sticky)
6.jpg

Pitch 'em in the freezer for about an hour to firm up again.
7.jpg

Then wrap with regular thickness sliced bacon and give them a dusting of rub (sorry all I had on hand was some Famous Daves rib stuff).
8.jpg

Throw them on with the Labor Day butt that was 6 hrs. in to it's cook.
9.jpg

My dear beloved wife popped in with what she said was a early Christmas gift, a olive grabber for deep skinny olive jars. She's the best!
10.jpg

It even has a stabber in the handle! I'm so blessed.
11.jpg

I'm calling them done!
12.jpg

Plate full of good. Portion control could be better, some were nice and full of stuffing.
13.jpg

Munching a couple of these just killed my appetite for dinner. I had to force myself to eat my plate. I think I shall name them Hart Burns. Needed a 4 a.m. Tums!
14.jpg

Damn people this is a lot of work to get all this on the site. To those of you that do it often, my hat is off to you!
Enjoy!
Ed

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good Ed.
What I do is put everything into a word doc while I am cooking and just copy and paste into a thread.

That looks great, Ed!

I edited the post and added IMG tags so the pictures show up in line

I am going to try this, but substitute some green chile for the jalapenos.

Thanks for posting!

I've got to try this! That looks really good.
We have company coming this weekend, and Sunday is BBQ Day.
I think these would be some farbulous fare along with the other food.

Don't shoot me, but I think I'll just use some canned diced Jalapenos. I have some in the fridge and another small can in the pantry.

I've got to try this! That looks really good.
We have company coming this weekend, and Sunday is BBQ Day.
I think these would be some farbulous fare along with the other food.

Don't shoot me, but I think I'll just use some canned diced Jalapenos. I have some in the fridge and another small can in the pantry.

Whatever trips your trigger, post some pics and table talk afterwards
Ed.

I'll could eat a couple of those! (that spoon looks like a pretty handy gadget)

Sorry Ed,
What size is that Cream Cheese?
16 ounces, or 8 ounces?

(Half of one could be twice as much as the tother. My guess is 16 ounces, but have to ask.)

And what is under that olive?:grin:
(And, you don't eat your olives? :becky: )

Sorry Ed,
What size is that Cream Cheese?
16 ounces, or 8 ounces?

(Half of one could be twice as much as the tother. My guess is 16 ounces, but have to ask.)

And what is under that olive?:grin:
(And, you don't eat your olives? :becky: )

Sorry, inattention to detail. 8oz pkg (so 4oz).
3rd Vodka Gimlet w/jalapeno stuffed olive. I normally only have 2 but with the present of the spoon I was required to have a 3rd (which normally makes me 1/2 stupid).
And being on a fixed income I only can have one olive per drinking session and I DO eat the little gem with glee.
Ed

Back