Neighbors and Smoke

I live in the suburbs with neighbors on both sides and this is something I somewhat worry about. I've never had a problem but who's to say I wont someday. I'm waiting for my daughter to graduate high school and I'm moving out into the stix. A couple acres will eliminate this situation.

I too saw the story this morning in the news. I have a lot of reactions: all of them are pretty negative towards the vegan. Unless the BBQ guy is being abusive in some way, I think he has all the right in the world to keep on cooking. I would have thought Australia would be leading the world in outdoor cooking. Apparently, there's nutcake vegans sprinkled all around the globe. At least the court system in Australia has kicked her case out not just once, but multiple times. They show some sense.

I wonder what she would say if he grilled up from cauliflower steaks or tofu with good smelling smoke?

Someone on my block grills or barbecues just about every day 9 months out of the year and at least once a week year round. One guy down the street even uses his gasser in the driveway wearing only shorts and flip flops. Over certainly had worse neighbors than kids playing outside and people who enjoy eating on a daily basis.

I live in the suburbs with neighbors on both sides and this is something I somewhat worry about. I've never had a problem but who's to say I wont someday. I'm waiting for my daughter to graduate high school and I'm moving out into the stix. A couple acres will eliminate this situation.

I had the same problem with my HOA not liking me welding my own trailer in my backyard. Now that I am in the sticks, I worry too much about overgrowth and keeping the snakes off my property. Always something to do...

Just another example of a small issue blown out of all proportion. i suspect even a small amount of consideration on the part of the smoking neighbor would have averted this silliness.

My yard borders a hiker biker trail, and luckily all my neighbors tell me how good it smells.

Back