My Father's Day Cook

KClandcruiser

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Hope all the fathers here had a great father's day. I decided I'd take over cooking for my dad for this year.

We started out with some dates stuffed with gorgonzola and wrapped in bacon then cooked on the pellet grill

kgqjixUl.jpg

Then I made some wedge salads with homemade blue cheese dressing

nkDrRmql.jpg

Then I did a whole beef tenderloin. Seasoned it with salt, pepper, garlic and some rosemary. Reverse seared on the pellet grill at 300 for about an hour then moved it over to my Dad's gasser with some grill grates for the final sear. I served this with some roasted new potatoes, carrots, and red onion.

ekS9smKl.jpg

Ww8m6U0l.jpg

Finally, we finished off the meal with a lemon meringue pie that my mom made

O3qrQDIl.jpg

Those are some elite-level eats! You actually have two of my favorite foods there...I am fully convinced that bacon/blue cheese wedge and lemon meringue are the hands-down best salad and pie types, respectively. :-D

What a fantastic meal! Great job it all looks really good and your dad surely appreciated that.

He definitely did. I think the part he appreciated most was me helping him put their new patio furniture together. The table top weighed 185 lbs alone

Those are some elite-level eats! You actually have two of my favorite foods there...I am fully convinced that bacon/blue cheese wedge and lemon meringue are the hands-down best salad and pie types, respectively. :-D

I'm totally with you on the wedge salad being the best, I think I'm partial to a raspberry pie or a sour cream and raisin pie. There is certainly nothing wrong with any lemon pie though!

He definitely did. I think the part he appreciated most was me helping him put their new patio furniture together. The table top weighed 185 lbs alone

Good thing you were there, not a one man job heck he really had a good day then with that fine meal and new patio furniture to enjoy it on!

Definitely missing my mom after that pie pic! Nobody bakes like your mom does, although that meringue brings back memories!

Definitely missing my mom after that pie pic! Nobody bakes like your mom does, although that meringue brings back memories!

That statement couldn't be more true! Mom's are the best bakers period! I've been trying to take one day a month to go bake with my mom just for that reason. I have all of her recipes but don't have all the little tweaks and tricks that she uses down. I'm trying to make sure I can at least play all the greatest hits somewhat proficiently.

George, you are always welcome to eat at my house! Come on over anytime you're in Kansas City.

I think I just might use this as my first time entering a throwdown. Why not right

Back