Blackstone Burrito Night

P

pharp

I have a lot of picky eaters in my house, so a lot of what I cook is enjoyed only by me and my step-son. One of the exceptions is make your own burrito night powered by my Blackstone 28. On the Blackstone I did diced tomatoes, bell peppers, regular corn, and a new idea poblano cream cheese corn. For meat I did some gorgeous fresh 12-14 count shrimp and some thin sliced prime sirloin. I watched a full hour of "Burrito Paradise" this morning so i was actually able to even wrap it so that it looked like a burrito!

Additionally we had refried beans, fresh jalepenos, sour cream, avocado, spanish rice, salsa verde, and two kinds of cheese. The whole family piled around the spread and built their own burritos. Seeing my 7 year old daughter try the poblano corn and high fiving me that it was the "best thing ever, sweet with a little heat" brought a tear to my eye! I didn't get many good pics but I love the blackstone.

I also wanted to share the corn recipe. I just threw this together but it was the star of the show and will now be a go to side for me. I took one can of sweet corn and drained it and added 1/2 of diced medium sized poblano pepper. I put it on the Blackstone with a light olive oil coat underneath. I then put 1/4 block of cream cheese on top and as it cooked I just kept folding the corn over the cream cheese until it was all blended. Easy and awesome.

gEo9Qu7l.jpg

qevZC5ml.jpg

sBOzYmKl.jpg

Back