• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

The Biggun Burrito

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I was so excited and anxious about the Burrito TD that I made this thing the first chance I got which was yesterday :becky::clap2: Great choice Daniel!

Started with some dry chiles both for an al pastor style marinade and salsa roja as well

F5q7ivXh.jpg

Pork shoulder steaks

qu6ubFWh.jpg

Going through my cupboard I spotted the Oakridge Chile Lime rub plus I had achiote paste already. PERFECT!!! Into the food processor with some of the soaked chiles

US9jggHh.jpg

Let the pork steaks marinate

vsUVOvzh.jpg

Of course it needed to go a notch higher so I pulled out a Pasture One tri tip from Creekstone Farms :biggrin1:

JsPE8xkh.jpg

Made some quick pico

yxWqdOGh.jpg

Dusted the tri tip with Oakridge SPOGOS (stuff is amazing like I've mentioned 1M times already :laugh:) and on the Redhead it went

YDgeCh3h.jpg

About to pull the TT

IKRQTXXh.jpg

Then grilled the pork butt steaks

gs4OOzsh.jpg

The TT

GhdzIQ1h.jpg

The pork

cCBs83Th.jpg

Three Xl burrito sized tortillas and cheese

f1qXm28h.jpg

Piled on the beef and pork

uqpIYLdh.jpg

Beans, pico and more cheese

rNMvbp6h.jpg

On to the kettle with even more cheese :heh:

wLLeWVkh.jpg

Cheese melted

RNw09Ayh.jpg

Served with a dollop of sour cream, home made salsa roja and variety of hot sauces. Four beers because this was massive and to feed four. :laugh::laugh:

2FKG5pGh.jpg

Everyone was happy because this thing was crazy good. Thanks for looking!!

Looks awesome, per usual, Sako!

That's a monster burrito, brother! I'd love to have some of that.

I'm sure the 4 beers didn't hurt the effort, neither.

Looks awesome, per usual, Sako!

That's a monster burrito, brother! I'd love to have some of that.

I'm sure the 4 beers didn't hurt the effort, neither.

Thanks Marc!!

The beers and the Irish whiskey.:clap2::laugh:

Dang Sako not only are you the king of swords you are a Burrito Master.

I love it! I'll take one monster burrito, all the beers, and I will need that sombrero, because there will be a serious siesta when I'm done.

Thanks Josh! :laugh:

Sombrero is the best part. I've had that thing for a good 15+ years if not even longer. Brought it back fro Ensenada.

Dang Sako not only are you the king of swords you are a Burrito Master.

Thanks Bill! It's been a while but I do love making burritos. Love this category.

I turned professional at eating burritos many moons ago. You killed this one Sako. I was hoping you would kick this throwdown off so we would have to step our game up.
And I agree with the Sierra Nevada. When I'm taking too long to pick a 6'er I just go with anything from them.

I turned professional at eating burritos many moons ago. You killed this one Sako. I was hoping you would kick this throwdown off so we would have to step our game up.
And I agree with the Sierra Nevada. When I'm taking too long to pick a 6'er I just go with anything from them.

Thanks brother! :thumb:

Burritos are such a SoCal staple that I hear you on the professionalism part. :biggrin1: Can't wait to see what everyone is going to bring to the table. This is going to be hella fun. :clap2:

This brings back memories of my own attempt to tame the Travis... the 1/4 Travis. :shocked: in East ABQ, NM. I blame Gary "Pappy" O'Daniel, but it was awesome and the folks who ran the simulators payed the price with "over-pressurization" throughout the afternoon.

KOAT Newsfeed

Holy Guacamole, now that's a burrito.!

Thanks for sharing the tutorial...

Great cook, I'm drooling.

Heck of a burrito Neighbor! Dibs on leftovers! :mrgreen:

Very nice Sako Now admit it You were the 4 people and downed all 4 beers :biggrin1:
Great party

Back