What to cook on my new Shirley?

Av8er

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
So I am picking up my Shirley on Friday and need ideas on what to cook. A bacon wrapped fatty is a given and probably a slab of St. Louis along with some stuffed poblanos. I am not a huge brisket fan so that is out and pastrami was last week as well. Give me some other ideas; spend my money!

You've got a great menu planned, add a couple pork butts since your running the cooker you'll be flat out amazed at how that pit cruises in the sweet spot.

I've never had pulled pork half as good the bark and moisture left in the meat is incredible.

Safe travels getting her picked up, we gonna need some pics when you get home. :grin:

I like to break in a New Pit with 1-2 Briskets, cpl Racks of Ribs and a pan of Beans.

I might as well throw a butt on too. Oh yeah! Beans is a good one. Thanks y’all!

And as far as brisket goes, it’s not that I’m not a fan it’s more so that I have never been happy with mine. I love good brisket, just not mine.

And as far as brisket goes, it’s not that I’m not a fan it’s more so that I have never been happy with mine. I love good brisket, just not mine.

Practice makes Perfect............
If at First you don’t succeed, Try, Try Again..........
Rhome wasn’t built in a Day..........
103rd Times a Charm.........

Smitty will throw in your first brisket, especially since they are so much cheaper in his neck of the woods. I like the idea of doing sides on there as well.

Lot's of pork. Nothing seasons a cooker better than bacon grease.

Get comfortable with the new rig and then try a choice grade or above brisket. You have a whole new rig now that will surprise you with what it can do.

How about a turkey or some chicken?
Pork belly, any way you like it?

Yep; the wife requested pork belly burnt ends.
I am going to have way more food than 4 people can eat for sure but I have plenty of vac bags.

Yep; the wife requested pork belly burnt ends.
I am going to have way more food than 4 people can eat for sure but I have plenty of vac bags.

Invite some neighbours, explain them there's gonna be smoke in the neighbourhood and give them some of your food.

Back