• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

And The Best Picture Goes To......

I would like to know more about this :-D. Just take a regular meatloaf and put it in cast iron and smoke?

I would like to know more about this :-D. Just take a regular meatloaf and put it in cast iron and smoke?

Short answer: Yes

Long answer:.....

Here is basic recipe my Bride uses. It’s also a very good meatball recipe. I don’t remember how how I built this one. That photo is a few months maybe 6/8 old. I think it was one of my first Davy Crockett cooks. When I cook ML it’s pretty much a little of this a little of that. 9/10 times the cast iron is smeared with bacon grease before putting in cooker. Sometimes skillet, sometimes cupcakes sometimes loaf, something I seldom do is just dome it like a half dodge ball. Need to do that. Glaze optional. Bride likes straight ketchup I like to throw a bunch Of things in my glaze. I don’t take notes Ill see if I can find a mixing bowl photo and ID what I did here.

I saw a loaf meatloaf cook the other day where it was stuffed in the middle with those Babybel cheese discs(those mini wheels in a netted sack) That looked cool.

https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/meatloaf/be0e38e7-c6f8-4e4d-a9b9-5fdc5e17cd2c

Last edited:
Short answer: Yes

Long answer:.....

Here is basic recipe my Bride uses. It’s also a very good meatball recipe. I don’t remember how how I built this one. That photo is a few months maybe 6/8 old. I think it was one of my first Davy Crockett cooks. When I cook ML it’s pretty much a little of this a little of that. 9/10 times the cast iron is smeared with bacon grease before putting in cooker. Sometimes skillet, sometimes cupcakes sometimes loaf, something I seldom do is just dome it like a half dodge ball. Need to do that. Glaze optional. Bride likes straight ketchup I like to throw a bunch Of things in my glaze. I don’t take notes Ill see if I can find a mixing bowl photo and ID what I did here.

I saw a loaf meatloaf cook the other day where it was stuffed in the middle with those Babybel cheese discs(those mini wheels in a netted sack) That looked cool.

https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/meatloaf/be0e38e7-c6f8-4e4d-a9b9-5fdc5e17cd2c

Sweet! I have a bunch of uncased sausage meat of different varieties and this would be a different way to cook them vs I normally make patties and do burgers/sliders.

Sweet! I have a bunch of uncased sausage meat of different varieties and this would be a different way to cook them vs I normally make patties and do burgers/sliders.
I just use 50-50 beef and sausage in a regular recipe.

Back