High Plains Mini-Elotes - w/ Pr0n

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
CINCHOUSE wanted to finish up some leftover chicken chili verde with avocado for dinner, and asked me to choose/make a side dish.

Elotes immediately came to mind, but I went with a smaller form factor & frozen corn due to the season.

I've made & posted my Elote experiments before, but I used a combo of these two recipes for inspiration: Recipe 1 | Recipe 2

I simply thawed the corn (a bit), and put it around my vortex, singing along at high heat.

eQG7Tgeh.jpg

10 min, turn; 10 min, pull and bring inside. - Leave lid off grill and let the coals get wicked hot again.

PUf6g3Lh.jpg

- Slather with a thin coat of mayo
- Sprinkle with a generous coating of garlic powder (you're not going to go wrong here, and we keep vampires well at-bay), ancho chile powder, and a hard cheese (I've used cotija before, but I needed to use up some good grated parmesan).

UN9XdRHh.jpg

Back onto the grill, snuggled up to the top lip of the vortex for some semi-sear action. Turn 2-3 times after 30 sec on each side. Cook until you like the color.

s473EQbh.jpg

Bring inside, and sprinkle with Tajin seasoning for a great citrus (and a little chile) hit.

Watch your 3 yr old go absolutely bonkers over the Elote. Save 1/2 of your 2nd "ear" for the munchkin, and you all wish you'd cooked more.

Y'all have a great week!

That looks amazing! I've been fighting the urge to buy frozen since it's out of season but this thread just did me in got to have some soon.

Love Corn and your done that justice.
We use frozen corn during winter a lot, tastes as fresh as just picked to me

I may need to try that When your 3yo goes nuts over it you know you made it to the Big Time :thumb:

I love corn as a vehicle for getting salt and butter into my mouth, but this sounds fantastic!

Back