2018 Thanksgiving Picture Thread--Post Before, During, After Or Just Snapshots Of Your Day

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Sako
We're all busy so I thought this will be a cool thread for anyone to post any pics of whatever stage of the day you are at today. You can post now, later, one, three, ten, before, during, after pics. You can keep posting throughout the day, tomorrow, etc. You get the drift.

I'll start

m0osdXRh.jpg

UIe1qJRh.jpg

BzS9NsOh.jpg

Turkey on the Goldens'

Still about an hour to go (or more precisely 30 degrees to 165). Ambient temp made it to 18 here today but the Goldens' did quite well.

Dry brine, uncovered in the fridge for 2 days, Meathead's Simon & Garfunkel rub made for super crispy skin -

Plated with homemade cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, turnip, dressing and from Chef John/foodwishes.com twice baked sweet potatoes. Outstanding, love that guy's recipes.

Hope all had a good day!

-lunchman

Where did you find the vegetarian bird Sako?

Some fancy wording Marty. :mrgreen: But Zacky has better birds IMO than Foster (who bought time some time back) so I always get Zacky when I can get my hands on it. Some local grocery stores get them out here and I grabbed it from down the street.

Just starting now? You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.

Back