logo

I might remember how to do this!! BBQ on VOffset

blazinfire

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Haven't been around for a while.. The last several posts I've made have been on the gas grill. Maybe an electric smoker thread.. Just in case you guys were worried that I lost my way, I have a fire rolling this morning! It's been a while but I'm cooking some good stuff today!

I have 1 pork butt, 1 st. Louis style rib, two chuck roasts, and a few pieces of short ribs from my local butchered cow. I have been dying to fire the smoker up but I've just haven't had motivation to do it! Also rolling with no thermometers. No clue what temp the smoker is actually rolling at. The outside Thermometer isn't even remotely close!

tszO2Rrl.jpg

65UOFeMl.jpg

Well you guys def had a reason to be worried because I do believe I have lost my way! But fear not... I have found my way again! After sampling the ribs (beef & pork).... I have to say I lost touch with what I really enjoy! This is the best thing I've ate since the last time I cooked BBQ!!!!! Why I don't cook that often anymore is beyond me!!!

Anyone just love it when the fat cap to a pork butt gets crispy? I try not to eat much of it but its soo farkin good! I munch on that when I get ready to pan it.

Here's the roasts on a bed of peppers and onions, and the pork butt! The beef ribs I didn't take pictures but they are a pretty good snack.. Alot of fat for these ones.. I choose the worse looking ones I had in the freezer to eat them first LOL

ftv2Eh1l.jpg

Once you can wrap the ribs in butcher paper without having a leak and get desired tenderness, you too have achieved rib-fu ribhopper.

Pulled pork
QRGANCEl.jpg

Pepper stout beef without the stout! Didn't add any liquid to it because the roasts create enough juice.

s3ex8zfl.jpg

Back