MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 10-07-2018, 09:00 AM   #1
pecanbayouaggie
Found some matches.

Default Savannah Stoker Controller

I was wondering if anyone has heard if Savannah Stoker pellet controller was going to come out with a wifi add on? I am thinking of buying a Smokin Brothers 36" Premier and it comes with a Savannah Stoker controller.
pecanbayouaggie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-07-2018, 09:58 AM   #2
rwalters
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Robb

Looking at the Savannah Stoker Controller website, there is absolutely no mention (at least not that I saw) of WiFi ability of future plans for it. With that said, why not call them tomorrow and get firsthand info? :)

I have looked at that Smokin’ Bros Premier 36 more than once... I really like what I see! Out of all the pellet smokers/manufacturers to choose from, what is it about the Premier 36 that has your attention? Just curious. Do you currently have a pellet cooker?
Come follow my adventures on Instagram: @rwaltersbbq
rwalters is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-07-2018, 10:37 AM   #3
pecanbayouaggie
Found some matches.

I recently sold a Traeger Pro 34 that I had for a little over a year. I made some great meals on it but I was constantly replacing parts on it and woke up one day and decided to sell it. I think the Smokin Brothers Premier has the best controller, I like the thickness of the body, it’s made in the USA, and the 36” seems to be good size as does the 30”. I like Pitts and Spitts but I just don’t think I can spend that much.

Thanks from:--->
Old 10-07-2018, 10:59 AM   #4
electron_si
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : N/A

I have a savannah stoker on my traeger and I love it. I’ve seen the Smokin brothers line first hand and they are quality units. The SS controller is top notch and I would absolutely recommend that.

Too bad you let go of your traeger pro. The SS V4 is only $169 now (or it was). Would have totally changed your traeger for the better

Old 10-07-2018, 11:04 AM   #5
pecanbayouaggie
Found some matches.

Yeah, I think it was more I was in a really foul mood that day...lol.

Old 10-07-2018, 11:15 AM   #6
sleebus.jones
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : sleebs

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a WiFi controller. I also wouldn't let the lack of a WiFi controller keep me from getting a grill. I've got some with and some without, and it's more of a nice to have rather than a need to have. More important to me (i.e. need to have) is being able to know my temps at all times, and the Fireboard does that for me.
-=<[url=http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=265227]Cookshack PG1000[/url] | GMG Davy Crockett WiFi | GMG Jim Bowie WiFi | [url=http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=246017]Cindy, the cinderblock reverse flow pit[/url] | Fireboard>=-
[url=https://dashboard.ambientweather.net/devices/public/d621760bf243b5f50d0f8503aba2bdca]The weather in Sleeb's backyard[/url]
sleebus.jones is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-07-2018, 11:18 AM   #7
pecanbayouaggie
Found some matches.

WiFi isn’t real important to mr but if I can wait awhile and get WiFi as well I would. I have a thermoworks smoke I use to just monitor temps while cooking.

Old 10-08-2018, 12:48 AM   #8
electron_si
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : N/A

Honestly people ask me all the time about pellet smokers and usually one of the first 3 questions is about WiFi. To me I don’t really understand WiFi control. You have to physically be there to turn the grill on and put the meat on which is when you set the temp. Ive never been out at Lowe’s and thought about changing the temp. The only time I could see it is if I’m close to my finished temp and would like it to go into hold mode but my Savannah can be programmed for that.

Some guys run low for the first few hours then bump their temps up but I just run a pellet tube and set it and forget it. Maybe I’ve just gotten a lot lazier but once the meat is on I don’t mess with it until it’s time to wrap or pull.

That being said having a WiFi temp device is nice just to monitor overnight cooks during the winter in case an auger jam were to happen

Old 10-08-2018, 12:59 AM   #9
Joshw
Babbling Farker

Have you seen a Smokin Brothers in person? I have, and just don't see where the build quality equals the price. I think the Pitts and spits 850 is around the same price as the 36, and The Yoder YS640 is actually cheaper than both.
Joshw is offline   Reply With Quote