Labor Day: Nephews Season WSM & Cook a Cow Head & More

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
So I posted about getting a new 22 WSM for my nephews (turning 13) that like when we visit them to cook bbq. We surprised it to them today. Staying a their friends condo rental down the street and they are hanging with us all weekend.

Didn't have time to wrap it and it was just in the cargo carrier when they saw it. They asked if I got a new one and I said I did and told them how I hadn't had a WSM in a while and wanted to try out this new one with them.

After I got them to free labor move it out back, I was telling them how it operates and then said "the coolest feature about this WSM is that it's actually yours :becky:". They went nuts and now they are about to start cooking :clap2:.

Lighting has commenced
lTk49jxl.jpg

nWZy83hl.jpg

Qq8FkGXl.jpg

Just going to chuck meat on it and cook, no "seasoning" needed
FOamYFDl.jpg

TXSRkAfl.jpg

S7JI1CNl.jpg

The cow head actually won't hit until tomorrow or Sunday. But tonight is some ribs, trip tip and sausage. I also brought a brisket, corned ribs, corned butt, got a regular butt and some other stuff for the Labor Day weekend.

Going to do nothing and just instruct and drink beer and other stuff :biggrin1:

Your a good uncle, Jason. Is that the tiny human walking all by himself?

This has the makings for a truly epic Labor Day Weekend.

It appears that someone was a little "Gassy" a bit earlier, and I had to chuckle at the training canister attached to the mask.

I hope those boys are soaking up the instruction like a couple of sponges.

Have a great time, and keep the pron flowing like... uh... beer... or whatever was in that jar. :wink:

It's nice to see a Good influence on the young ones for a change. Way to roll! I think you just hatched a bunch of new Pitmasters!

Back